I beat Fallout 1 last year (and kept Dogmeat alive in the last base) and all the Bethesda ones...

I beat Fallout 1 last year (and kept Dogmeat alive in the last base) and all the Bethesda ones, this isn't a "what am I in for" post, but instead what kind of old pc game jank (useless skills, notable npcs/companions/items/places a player would never naturally find, hotkeys, etc) should I be aware of? Not concerned about builds, other than being wary of useless skills (gambling, for example).

Attached: MV5BYzczZWJiOTAtMDZjYS00ZmZhLWE4YmUtOTgxYmZiZDk1YzRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg3NjQyOQ@@._V1_.jpg (800x1124, 105.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/alexbatalov/fallout2-ce
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

so few things
Fallout 2 has a huge amount of companions
charisma is useless in 1 but for every 2 additional charisma you can get an additional companion

there is some Russian guy Warlockracy who does a lot of Fallout mod reviews check him out

Attached: 1654984109019.jpg (910x912, 67.94K)

>10 trillion charisma
>marcoos bursts your ass with minicum

Don't know what you're talking about
just saying charisma is a lot more useful in 2. Companions have better AI and are more fleshed out

Worst part about Marcus is that he doesn't keep up with you.

Attached: aaaauuuh.gif (130x89, 11.23K)

That's good, I like CHA in my builds because I like being chatty.

You can beat the entire game in less than 30 minutes if you have enough pickpocketing, explosives, and a couple other skills. I know cuz I've done it like 3 times now

Attached: 80a.png (658x590, 510.95K)

Are melee weapons useless here or good like in the first game?

Hahaha
So you need melee weapons if you want the temple of trials not to suck but it's useless in the end game

So, going serious mode.

The game has a slight tone shift. There's more wacky concepts, like "tribals", and a distinctly more comedic aspect to certain parts of the game.The story is still 'find the McGuffin', but the world is bigger and there are more ways to accomplish things. Certain INT/CHA builds can bypass entire story plots due to just scoring high on a test. The story is fun, albeit there is more COMBAT than you'd expect. The end of the game has a mandatory combat scene againts a powerful enemy you cannot bypass easily, so either pick up some combat skills, or go HIGH CHA, and get yourself some teammates to murder your enemies- since you can equip armor on them now.

It's a good game, but once you play it once or twice, there's no more to see.

Reminder there's a sourceport of FO2 now
github.com/alexbatalov/fallout2-ce

The game has a lack of proper guns in the starting few hours. It's honestly kind of a slog.

unarmed is stupidly fun in fallout 2 with a few quests dedicated to it

dunno wtf that is but these games need a 3d remake right now except for tactics thats perfect

>these games need a 3d remake

Attached: 1631738082246.jpg (387x309, 13.43K)

no they dont

If you have low int and are hot and female don't take the drink from myron, he date rapes you. Theres a power armor suit near the start of the game iirc you can get really easy that makes the game easy to beat. If you decide to go energy weapons, you wont find much or ammo for a while, so invest in small arms a little bit at least, or be prepp'd to savescum a lot, tho you'll be doing that anyway.

The first area, the trial dungeon is the worst area in the game. its not indicative of needing higher stats in fighting there if your planned build doesn't have combat yet, just savescum it.

Yeah, you pretty much use a pipe gun for a while, until MAYBE you can get a small 10mm pistol.

I kind of enjoy the scavenging at the beginning of the game. There's less killing of people than you'd think at the start of the game, especially compared to Fallout 3+ so you dont get guns THAT easily early on.

UNLESS you kinda know where to look, but that's a bit meta.

Honestly, no.
There's simply not enough -CONTENT- to make a 3D game with Fallout3+ world design to make it work. You'd have to shove TONS of content in.

Now, if you're saying we need a 3D graphics only remake and keep the perspective? MAYBE, but it would lose it's charm.

Fallout 1 and 2 are artifacts of their time.

You know, I've played Fallout 2 like a ton of times, but I never added Myron to my group, and the times I did, I didnt add him as a woman character.Fallout 2 still surprising me to this day.

isnt there a 10mm in the first town in that dudes shack? Coulda sworn i always get it and aim for eyes.

High intelligence and high agility can make your life easy.
Don't play as a retard on your first run.
Don't get fisted by supermutant.
Don't fuck every girl/guy you meet, you could make them pregnant and would have to shotgun marry them.
Don't fall for the scientology meme.
Buy a car. Don't get your car stolen.

no only a pipe rifle the gun is in the tunnels below

The scientology meme has a chance to raise a stat, so you could RNG cheese-it.