Are mmos dead?

>wow is shit. maybe it'll get better in dragonflight but it is yet to see. No one is playing classic and they just boost
>ffXIV is a weeb coomer bait
>eso is a single player. You never have to interact with other players

Attached: worldofwarcraft.png (450x191, 162.48K)

Play FlyFF you bitch ass nigga.

I think i'll pass

>are mmos dead?
Only the good ones. We still have BDO, New World and that third one.

If you disregard XIV just because some people coom you're a retard who doesn't deserve fun games.
Correct about the other two games, although I wouldn't hold my breath regarding Dragonflight because Blizzard's development team is literally insane and has no idea what they are doing.

>take HRT
no thanks, tranny

they've returned to being a niche genre, similar to RTS.
zoomers think a game with 20k players is dead when really that's the best population for a game

why are mutts like this

if he discards an MMO because people coom he has to discard all MMOs, it's been a shit since the first MMOs and will always be a thing

Tower of Fantasy comes out in three days, and it's basically multiplayer Genshin. It'll have a decent enough audience just based off of that alone.

MMOs have become a catch-all for some of the worst monetization practices mixed with some of the worst gameplay/combat of any video game genre. There will be a bubble that pops and MMOs will return to being a niche that normies avoid due to the time required to actually enjoy/play them at a significant level.

>maybe it'll get better in dragonflight
you are beyond help if you think that for even one second

Play FFXIV or Lost Ark

I still play Wizard101.

Don't worry bros, Ashes of Creation will save us.

Attached: 1635564088490.png (679x377, 360.1K)

Based

Weeb opinions are invalid

>weeb coomer bait
Nah, that's just the mods the install. It's fine.

A lot of companies are trying to chase the success of peak WoW, and missing a lot of the point along the way because in general they're doing two things WoW didn't really do; They're making content by rote, rather than creating anything new or interesting, they're just creating generic "MMO content" because it's a formula that is easy to replicate with little thought, and also they're focusing on monetizing in-game, which is something peak WoW never even thought about at all and so no design resources or time were ever spent on "How can we get people to also buy microtransactions?" which inevitably leads to making things inconvenient or more generic and grindy in order to have something to pay to bypass.

New World and all the others that came out and failed recently are examples. They retain a small player base but nothing worth talking about.

The real question is which in-development MMO is going to be the first to really break the mold with new content that isn't just the same generic shit we've all seen before, and also isn't trying to constantly bilk money out of people in-game. If I were betting man I'd say Ashes of Creation, but that's only because there's nothing else to bet on.

I don't understand this post. New World is certified dead and even at its height wasn't great. It was GOOD but deeply flawed.

>filters himself out of great shit because it was Made in Japan.
lel

Japan has never made anything great

Only Godly things then?

Attached: ErnwvlQ.jpg (1024x512, 92.56K)

>maybe it'll get better in dragonflight but it is yet to see.
Spotted a regretful Blizzdrone who is still enmeshed in a web of sunken costs fallacy.
Anyone who gives ANY benefit of doubt to Blizzard after the shitshow that was Shadowlands, should qualify as legally mentally disabled.

Attached: 1646789551024.png (1000x3605, 2.21M)

>soulsfag
Like I said. Japan has never made anything great

Any Forums has unironically ruined XIV for me.

yes now stop paying monthly to grind the same game for hundreds of hours when you could play enumerate other good games instead

Playing DAoC lately. Got into a nice 8man team last night and was just dunking multiple other 8man groups at once.

Really dynamic PvP.

>Getting filtered by chantard shitposting

Attached: 1562418150536.gif (400x534, 136.05K)

i just bought the division two, thats an mmorpg and I like it. apart from the woke shit but i wasnt aware it had disabled black chicks in