Yes, I do love having no story and character development in my video games. How did you knw?

Yes, I do love having no story and character development in my video games. How did you knw?

Attached: fdg.webm (750x542, 191.49K)

>OP hates fun
What a fag.

What's wrong with cutting the fat?

Recommend me some good 40 hour platformers. If console games then preferably something I can emulate.

Name one(1) 40 hour platformer.

>story
>character development
>video game
go read a book

>not playing games for the gameplay
Narrative is supplementary, I don't care if the story in your game reveals the real life cure for cancer, if the gameplay is shit, your videogame is shit.
OP is back at it again at the faglympics, winning Gold medal after Gold medal.

Is Ghost Dog a good movie?

I easily have over 40 hours in bloodstained. Not that it's a 40 hour game, but it's got plenty of content and doesn't really get old.

Attached: bloodstainted_tips_aor.jpg (631x356, 109.8K)

100+ hours to get the true ending in Rogue Legacy 2

40 hour platformers are extremely uncommon unless you're extremely bad at games
But I can think of one really really good one

Dustforce

Is that a boo dog?

This but unironically
Gameplay is art in and of itself
Also none of these games are more than 15 hours long

Attached: Mosaic 3x3.png (900x900, 1.74M)

who asked?

If you can't show me the story while I play the game, your story isn't worth telling.

That is Polterpup, Luigi's pet dog

I liked it but I like forest whitaker in anything

"Gameplay" has always been a barrier to experience the story. The only thing that has changed since the NES is that now we have better tools to convey narrative.
>That's bullshit!!
No, it's true. Look at the back of the box of any given game. They talk about the characters, the setting, the world. They don't talk about what buttons you will press or how many pixels your guy can jump.

The point of videogames is the gameplay. If you want story go read a book, on average they're way better than your videogames story

Ah yes, 40 hours platformers. As abundant as 70 hours rail shooters and 10 minutes RPGs.

The recent Donkey Kong Country games were pretty good.

Yeah, it's actually better than the French movie it's based off of. Le Samorai is overrated, there are better French noire out there.