What's the best system to experience this on?

Any beginners tip or anything to know?

Attached: MV5BOGVkNjEyN2EtMjRiYi00ZWY1LThkOWItZTNkNjA0MTE4YmRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxNDQwMzA@._V1_.jpg (1500x2070, 449.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/254700/Resident_Evil_4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pc with the HD mod
play on hard or normal idk what is unlocked first.
dont worry about what guns you upgrade the game is super easy

Best thing to know is that anyone who runs to a Mongolian Basket Weaving forum to ask questions about vidya instead of just fucking playing it should kill themselves.

PC because of the HD and other mods like randomizer.

Unironically Wii version on dolphin with bootleg Wiimote

yeah or just literally a Wii console

ignore
play the game on a console and or vanilla pc with a controller. A lot of people gimped themselves experiencing this game by using a wiimote or keyboard and mouse when the game was integrally designed for the use of a controller and slow and imprecise movement. I realize this sounds like a bait post or troll post but I'm being sincere, you can choose to believe me or not. The entire feel of the game changes and makes it way too easy

I strongly recommend the HD Mod.

Attached: 1648429772122.jpg (2118x1080, 802.13K)

ps2 version is the best

PC with HD mod
Or Wii version on an actual Wii or with a USB sensor bar on Dolphin

Gamecube

aim for the head or knees
then go in for QTE melee
once you get used to their range, you can run forward a bit and walk back a bit to make them whiff their attack; gives you a bit of time to run away or attack.

PC Steam version (Ultimate HD Edition store.steampowered.com/app/254700/Resident_Evil_4/ )
WITHOUT that retarded HD mod that's shilled here constantly which makes bad changes to the original assets.
By vanilla PC I hope you mean the vanilla Steam version and not the very awful old port of the game that was abandoned. Also, the game actually plays pretty well with keyboard and mouse, in my experience. But I have played it with controller and keyboard on PC and I like having the option.

Attached: ss_861fafe49ddfd788eb6fc5a03f7ef408107cac2e.jpg (2560x1440, 338.55K)

Plug and play option: xbox whatever or ps3 or 4 version

Play it pretty: PC version with HD mod. The HD mod-guy took years making it on and off and went through some pretty autismal efforts to improve on the original texturing. But it's not toaster friendly.

Controller is very much advised.

Get pc version with hd mod, don't bother listening to pretentious schizos from Any Forumseddit

>keep hearing how this is one of the best games ever made
>keep hearing how the "village" level is one of the most legandary introduction levels to any game
>fine, I'll give it a shot. Pirate the PC version.
>enter the village with standard gun fully loaded + 30 bullets I picked up
>autistic villagers who aren't scary at all scream at me in some third world shithole language
>they run at me, but when they reach me they magically slow down to snail speed
>there are many of them, so I simply go back to the entrance pathway to funnel them into a narrow small pathway area
>I shoot 1 bullet when one is near me, then do an anime kick that sends the enemy flying and knocks 4 more down
>3 villagers from before try to flank me from behind, I just run past them within that narrow entrance pathway without them being able to grab me, they just grab at the air like retards
>spend 5+- boring minutes standing stationary and shooting 1 bullet and kicking when the enemy gets close
>they get completely BTFO by a strategy that 12 year olds use in playgrounds outside my house: funneling "enemies" (other children) in small narrow area when they are outnumbered
>some church bell goes off and they all leave like retards, despite me killing many of their allies
Is this boring joke of a game what so many of you call legendary? Is this the superior action gameplay I've heard so much about?

Resident Evil 4 is a complete joke, fucking boring too, I explored the empty village and got so much ammo and a shotgun, what a boring casual joke of a game. People shilling this joke game are high on nostalgia.

Attached: joke game.jpg (1024x1024, 217.5K)

Don't try too hard user

Get it for the Meta Quest 2 and experience it in VR like all the boomers chiming in could never dream of experiencing. It’s so real you’ll think it IS real!

So, you're annoyed the AI of mindless zombies in a 17 year old game let you funnel them in what is effectively the opening fight?

The biggest tip is not to be too stressed about what is in your inventory.
The game has a difficulty AI which will scale up or down encounters based on what you have so the same encounter can be wildly different attempt to attempt.

>WITHOUT that retarded HD mod that's shilled here constantly which makes bad changes to the original assets.
You're gay as fuck I've played through RE4 like five times and I thought the HD mod was great. Whatever autistic nigglings you may have are vastly outweighed by not having to look at comically blurry textures

>I'm gonna pretend to have original hardware CRT autism for (you)s

basically. it created the modern iteration of 3rd person shooter, which is why it's lauded

I dont know but i painted the dumpster goblin the other day, look

Attached: 20220807_095858.jpg (4096x3163, 464.77K)

PS4 version of RE4 is the most polished and feels the best.

any version

then play wii version

profit

>vanilla pc
Genuine brainrot. You do realise that re4 pc port from 2005 is absolute dogshit and considered to be one of the worst ports on par with dmc3 pc port

I meant whatever version without mods, I don't care about pc or whatever bullshit crap ports you have

>You do realise that re4 pc port from 2005 is absolute dogshit and considered to be one of the worst ports on par with dmc3 pc port
why people keep saying this when I beat that port countless of times with a keyboard controls and had no issues?
i was like 15 too

This. That was my first experience with RE4 and even though it still become one of my favorite games of all time, I still wouldn't recommend this shitty port by Ubisoft. Just relax and play on PS4. It just works.

Wii. Pointing with the Wiimote is so much better than using a stick.