You missed the point

It's not "You're bad if you play this game"
The message is "Your heart of darkness doesn't awake in extreme situations. It never sleeps. Thats why you want to play violent games while you're in comforatble home"

Attached: 1659854778830.jpg (1680x1175, 337.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KUNxOA-TMPc&t=41s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If only people knew how games were made.

youtube.com/watch?v=KUNxOA-TMPc&t=41s

That's a pretty generous interpretation and it's still pretty dumb. Nobody mentally associates video games with real life harm. Violence is just a shortcut to exercising twitch reflexes in a dramatic-feeling way. It's basically the same as rhythm games.

The final arguing of Walker and Konrad is the gamer denying the message

"It's not real. This is all in my head" - "This is just a game"
So, killing for entertainment is harmless? Would you like to do violent things if nobody is going to get hurt and nobody would blame you?

"All this, everything, it was your fault" - "The game made me to do atrocities"
You're the one buying and launching violent game. If you don't like violence then you would left the game

"I didn't mean to hurt anybody" - "I didn't want to do evil things"
Yes, you wanted to be a hero. To be glorified. And you choose the path of violence

Attached: 1659855586771.jpg (1080x551, 186.67K)

>So, killing for entertainment is harmless
yes obviously
>you like to do violent things if nobody is going to get hurt and nobody would blame you
sure, why not?

deep-ass, bro

Violence without anyone getting hurt is natural. All animals do it. These are overcivilized faggots who deserve real violence.
Besides that, games are more about puzzles, problem solving, and boss/map/pattern recognition. The violence in some is just the presentation.

Attached: 250047-1600x1030-signs-my-cat-is-playing-fighting.jpg (1600x1030, 435.52K)

>literally trying to save people and play what might be a fun shooter but tricked into doing horrible shit as the protagonist goes full schizo
>ur just denying ur responsibility
The only time you've done anything wrong is if emotionally killing the civilians after they lynch your comic relief friend for no reason. Complete pretentious bullshit.

Well, you don't sound like a good guy

I tried to just walk through those civilians and the game wouldn't let me. If it really wants to cast moral aspersions on me while not giving me the option to act in a way it would see as moral then why should I give a shit about anything it's trying to say

I would love to hear the mental gymnastics that explain how doing something that you have defined as harmless is still somehow morally bad

>not giving me the option to act in a way it would see as moral
They disperse if you fire a warning shot in the air, you murderer.

I think I tried that and it still wouldn't let me progress but maybe I'm misremembering

Cheating for example
The point is your intention from the start was to hurt

>to hurt
who exactly is getting hurt? can video game characters feel pain now?

>violence is....le heckin bad!!!!
i have bad news for you about the world we inhabit

I'm just glad that they tried to do something new (in a videogame). Even if it wasn't pulled off perfectly at least they fucking tried.

cheating affects others though so it isn’t exactly harmless.

same tbdesu the moralizing around this game is stupid but at least they tried to make something interesting

This is the scene were you have moral choice
People complaingn about white phosphorus scene but there aren't any reasons to give you a choice: you don't know there are civilians, at this point spec ops still presents itself as brave-hero-shooter, gamer see this scene as cod-like mission where you shoot down enemies from uav

Attached: 1659856815697.jpg (1112x652, 107.79K)

Spec Ops The Line should have been free. The fact is that a lot of people will play to the end not because they love committing hecking warcrimes and want to be a hero but they paid money for a product and want to experience it to the end.

Attached: the reddit frog stares into your soul.jpg (700x641, 35.14K)

It's pretty obvious that they're civilians but the game doesn't let you progress until you bomb them. I mean it doesn't even mean anything morally since you aren't hurting anyone but the game doesn't even pretend to give you the in-universe moral responsibility.

>at this point spec ops still presents itself as brave-hero-shooter
that’s not true though, there are a few moral dilemmas before this scene happens. it’s almost immediately clear that the game is more brutal than others

But it may not. There are a lot of examples like cheating in pvp game, watching snuff or other shit
The game doesn't blame you for being violent. It reminds you that people are violent creatures, it frees you from hipocrisy