Mass Effect

> Huh? The reapers invade Earth and my planet? Weird ghost kid? A Prothean joining the Normandy? An evil clone? 3 color endings? What are you talking about Shepard, must have been a really bad dream, now come one, we have to survive this suicide mission..

Attached: mass-effect-garrus-vakarian.jpg (1400x700, 111.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZLcl8jkbLXM?t=33
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I should go.

ME2 is always the hardest game for me to replay, it's just so fucking boring to play after you run through it once.

Garrus is the best bro of all vidya bros.

I want to tongue his tight little butthole

Evil clone? What did I miss?

4 weapons per class and no armor make it fucking lame.

Citadel DLC user, you didnt play it?

It's got the best level designs and difficulty (on insanity at least). But it's not really meant to be replayed much.

Nope
Shepard's evil twin?

Get in line, faggot

Yeah, Cerberus made a clone of him when they remade him, incase he went rogue

>ME2 has best girl too..

Attached: __commander_shepard_miranda_lawson_and_commander_shepard_mass_effect_and_1_more_drawn_by_luminyu__sample-dfbfcd540f74e9aeee825bb7c0dc3e55.jpg (850x1245, 197.54K)

Imagine being so handsome, an evil organization nearly bankrupts itself just to bring back a clone of you.

Or two.

Attached: 1650467319332.jpg (434x600, 30.35K)

>best girl
>infertile
pick one and only one

Eh, she's really ugly in game.

Unironically one of the best things in 3

Attached: Grunt's birthday.gif (245x150, 1.09M)

I only need the Krogan shotgun though.

Really? Shame I didn't play the DLC then.

I completely disagree. ME2 is like New Vegas where I can replay it over and over because it's just pure immersion, even knowing everything in it already.

ME1 has god-awful Mako sections which are even worse than I remembered (I played it 2 weeks ago) and make up at least half of the game, if not more. The world feels pretty dead, especially compared to the later games (only 1 real Krogan character, only one Quarian full-stop, only 3 Salarians in the galaxy, Batarians are DLC-only, etc.)

ME3 feels... just, bad. There are so many problems it's impossible to really hammer down on a few major issues. It's got such a stretched budget and severe corporate meddling (fucking Diana Allers, really?) and the situation always feels cartoonishly impossible. The Reapers show up and beat every planet at once in siege battles by walking mile-tall battleships across the surface, but I'm meant to have hope now that we have a group of infantry-frogs that don't even have spaceships? What are 2 billion Krogan meant to do vs. the Reapers, where 1.2 TRILLION Turians aren't going to cut it?

Love or hate the Collectors, at least that's a small-scale problem that can be fixed. The Reaper invasion never feels like that.

Without the Mako sections, we'd never get this gem:
youtu.be/ZLcl8jkbLXM?t=33

ME2 is worse than 3 in every way.

You have a compelling point user

ME1 feels more like a sci fi epic. ME2 might be a better video game, but it definitely leaned hard into genre trappings and cliches. The world is so dead.

I'll always say the Hammerhead was miles above the Mako. Fuck world exploration. Just give me good level design centered on a good core mechanic. Not just "driving around". Only problem was there wasn't enough of levels.

I really like the Oceans Eleven feel of it. Getting the crew together and doing their missions is the highlight of the game easily. Now what I really would have wanted is the version where Shepard is remade by Geth and not Cerberus, but we can't have everything.

>One proper hub, nothing showing off how anyone really lives
>Almost no radiant conversations, everyone just stands leaning on railings silently
>Everyone is a Turian, Human or Asari
>Three of the four missions in the game are about ancient dead/forgotten beings

I could go on and on to why ME1 feels way more static and fake than ME2. You can argue the first point (I also disagree on it, Spectre status doesn't feel impactful and you get awarded it and the Normandy so quickly) but I think the world being significantly better in ME2 is inarguable. And it should be, it's a sequel. I'm not trying to drag ME1, I'm just saying that ME2 used it as a groundwork to make something better than its predecessor, as should be expected.

You say that like ME2's excuse for a story wasn't just as bad as ME3's