Balances out the autistic RPG side of the game alongside a more streamlined experience

>balances out the autistic RPG side of the game alongside a more streamlined experience
>If you want, you can autistically plan out your character or you can just play the game and not worry about it and forgo maximum efficiency in the name of fun
Oblivion did it right. Bethesda didn't need to streamline their games any further than this. It was 'acceptable' in Skyrim, but then Fallout 4 was a bit of a joke. No one even considers that an RPG.

Attached: Oblivion3.jpg (1024x768, 220.36K)

Does oblivion have any good coomer mods?

and like a lot of other things Oblivion "did right," Morrowind did first.

Probably, yeah. I don't really bother with coomer mods outside of sexy armors and nude mods.

Attached: Oblivion.jpg (1280x1024, 220.16K)

Having your sword pass right through an enemy or having your magical spell do the same and the game registering it as a "miss" was too much.

I get that there's a lot of love for oblivion among certain people like myself. But do you genuinely think that this game is as good as you say? I'm willing to look past all the glaring issues and enjoy the game for its nostalgia value and digestibility. Not many games let me unwind like Oblivion did, it's not perfect though.

No of course, Oblivion has many glaring issues that you have to look past in order to enjoy the experience but this thread is about one particular thing. Character planning. Yeah, Oblivion's is cumbersome and awkward, but that's the fun part of it for an autist. You have to level in a specific way and even visit trainers and do quests for them which allow them to train you, and if you want maximum efficiency you sort of have to jump through all these hoops and it becomes a game all within itself to make sure your character is 100% what it should be.

You can also just ignore all of it. You'll have to swing your sword at the enemy more often, you might not have as much health or as much stamina, but who cares? It's perfectly doable regardless. Both aspects of this game exist in tandem, whereas in Skyrim there really isn't anything to care about and plan out and Fallout 4 is.... well.... ughh.

Attached: Oblivionelder-scrolls-58b7ce885f9b5880801edb6e.jpg (1024x640, 143.54K)

The problem is it's extremely unimmersive

You don't just play the game how your character would naturally behave, you basically just keep a spreadsheet and contrive your character's growth. It's completely detrimental when you consider that Oblivion's greatest strength is probably its atmosphere, yet the gameplay itself is incredibly contrived

>absolutely retarded leveling system where you had to pick the opposite of your desired skill just to control how fast you can level
>otherwise bandits start wearing full daedric set
>archery is fucked by default, you need to mod and tweak damage/trajectory
>regenerating enemies that ignore dnd rules
>70% of the game is just vast open grassy areas with nothing
>every cave is the same, loot is boring
no, oblivion was botched on mechanical level and lazy when it came to area design

>Having your sword pass right through an enemy
oblivion has glancing blows, a much worse version of this, which gets even more awful due to scaling whereas everything in morrowind dies in 1-2 hits straight out the gate

it literally doesn't i cant find anything about this online

>every cave is the same
But they also have ruins which are all the same as the other ruins, so that's 2, count them 2, whole dungeon types.

Way to admit you never even played the game, shitposter.

>balances out the autistic RPG side of the game alongside a more streamlined experience
Oh look, another oblivionfag who says oblivion dumbing down the series (and doing so in such a retarded way e.g. HP scaling and quest reward scaling) is 100% justified but later games Bethesda made somehow went too far. Fuck off nostalgiafag no one likes your shit tier normalfag pandering "RPG"

Attached: 1637417613163.png (516x785, 461.68K)

I like Skyrim with coomer mods and adding the ability to get stunlocked by enemies and stun enemies with normal attacks so I can half close my eyes and pretend I'm playing Risen

I never understood the pie minigame.

>its autistic because i have to be creative
lol

>shirt and hair have a higher res texture than face
What the fuck was wrong with Oblivion-era Bethesda?

>play oblivion again cause people here always sucking it off
>it's just as bad as I remember
It's basically required to have never played morrowind and have raging childhood nostalgia. It's like shrek and LOTR had a chinese bootleg baby, just terrible.

Attached: me_and_the_boys.jpg (1363x586, 105.34K)

>a much worse
You mean "infinitely better"

Morrowind is among the first few PC games I played as a kid and I still like Oblivion way more.
Morrowind was just utter shit compared to Arx Fatalis while Oblivion at least had its saving graces of at least not being complete garbage mechanically.

The Shrek comparison, tough, is amusingly accurate, I'll give you that.

>can't comprehend abstractions
How does an 80IQ thirdworlder like you manage to even solve the captcha? Fuck off.

>shit mechanics is now an "abstraction"
RedditEra is calling for your return