What do you guys think about all the sudden, and very popular, anti-gaming movements?

What do you guys think about all the sudden, and very popular, anti-gaming movements?

Do you guys think your lives would've been better if videogames and the internet were never invented?

www.reddit.com/r/StopGaming

Attached: rrthr.png (878x352, 293.46K)

its soo heckin popular bros
everytime i wake up and browse the top reposted subreddit i see it everytime
that and my favourite streamers like xqc keeps talking about it
frfr no cap its lit like sheesh

This self-help shit is a bandaid on a diseased culture. All these people antagonizing their hobbies simply because it's easier to change your habbits than it is to dismantle this broken economic system that's causing all the problems.

Making the internet more accessible for women and blacks was a mistake, yes.

This is just another NoFap cult stemming from a society that discourages clan identity.

Get rid of work instead

Nothing particular really. Anti straigh white males "movements" are pretty common since years.

Gaming is only an issue if it impedes your life. A lot of the posts in the Subreddit mention multiplayer games, because those are usually the worst for you.

I think they're gay, and you're gay for posting about them

quite literally and without any hint of sarcasm, go back to r*ddit, OP

>Do you guys think your lives would've been better if videogames and the internet were never invented?

so there would be
>less sources of entertainment
and
>less ways for scientists and engineers to communicate ideas
sounds like a shitty world

Why are you making a thread over a subreddit? Why did you link it?

I've been feeling really unfulfilled in life, not blaming games but they don't bring me joy like they used to and the clutter and constant consumerism is making my depression worse. I think I'm gonna start lifting again, maybe throw out 1/3rd of my shit. I think a lot of people just want a reason to go outside but they have none. When Trump was president I used to just go on random drives for hours and it was a good way to waste time.

I think it's the same as nofap, it's not going to make a major difference in your life unless you're truly playing games 8 hours a day every day or touching your PP multiple times a day.

dude, I hope this movement takes off, normies gtfo of gaming, and people who play games recreationally (like me) go back to being made fun of and seen as dorks. that way, I can finally enjoy my vidya in peace. Bonus: major studios will fail and game devs will be forced to cater to my tastes and the tastes of those who still play games in the aftermath
It's not gonna happen, but allow me to dream for a little bit

I'm always let down with video game addicts because it's the most generic boring basic bitch trash that ruins their Ives. I used to get excited when I heard about somebody who played "too many games". Think about that. "Games." Plural. I've gamed my whole life but I've only finished around 400 of them. This nigga played so many his life is in shambles. I need to know his favorite PC Engine shmup.

But it's actually just "I blew my life savings on a mobile game" and "I literally can't stop playing *live service trash #47*".

I mean, browsing this Reddit, I wish I liked anything as much as these people love their game of choice.

You will probably find some 3rd worlder who played so many games on MAME or emulators. People who have a shit ton of money either collect vidya and never play them or they get addicted to shitty gacha.

Games made my life better but I wish the internet was never invented
Inb4 "just don't use the internet yourself", I've tried, but it's not the same when everybody else does

>Do you guys think your lives would've been better if videogames and the internet were never invented?
Some other form of media would've become prominent as a source of entertainment. Ridding the world of the Internet is retarded - ridding it of mass social media would be better.
>Inb4 a "Yet you participate on Any Forums, curious!" comment

sorry for blogpost
some kinds of people do lack moderation, so they spend their time doing something that they don't really find fun, engaging or interesting (I'm mostly thinking of those kinds of guys who wake up, don't shower, play LoL and don't really have fun while podcasting or watching a video in the background, and eat junk food and drink/smoke). You can say the same thing about other hobbies than gaming though. I think gaming differs because games can tend to be skinner boxes that prey on wallets and time of people with addictive personalities.
I think gaming has come under scrutiny time and time again because its a really young medium, so people don't really know where to place it. Atari shit where video games were basically just expensive toys was only like 50 years ago, so some people might still place it in that space when they think of video games. There haven't been many generations where adults have openly enjoyed video games I think, video games are babies compared to movies, tv, comics, novels, etc.
People can also tend to point at games as an easy scapegoat for some other underlying issue in their life. If you're in a relationship or a career you don't like or something, or if you feel like your life is falling apart its easy to point to something big like video games and say "if I just get rid of this, all else will improve". Keep in mind for some people it might be true, but I feel like more often its not.
Really though, in my opinion I think video games aren't the problem. The internet (specifically, infinite scroll or curated short form social media) has fucked everyone's brains. The internet wasn't built for people to carry around in their pockets. Human beings weren't meant to have this much. The default state when you're waiting for a train or something is now going on the internet instead of just standing around and being present; people are just on the internet 24/7 and it has filled every orifice in people's lives.

Attached: ytruck.png (350x490, 192.68K)

It's good. Fuck games, fuck gamers, and especially fuck game developers and game community moderators.

are there any "video game addicts" that are addicted to playing video games in general? 99% of cases has to be an addiction to a single game.

I want to try restricting my internet use to only online shopping and streaming. I'll have to fully commit and box up my PC so there's no temptation to waste 18 hours of my day here.
>sitting on the toilet and instinctively pull out phone
I don't have an answer for this one though.

I'd just be obsessed with other types of entertainment.

This is the most obvious blatant advertising shit ever.

I don't even play videogames anymore, the industry quit me by making nothing but shit games. I'm not addicted to games, I'm addicted to the idea of good games which don't exist.

It's part of a reddit social engineering PSY-OP to remove the circus part completely from bread and circus, the elite don't want us entertained anymore since it's a waste of resources to distract the little filthy peasant.
Very soon it's gonna be only stale, moldy bread and the metaphorical whipping in the west.
When a civilization looses the circus part you know the bread is gonna be next in the next few years/months. get ready...

Attached: 1659269802256691.png (862x900, 701.09K)

self-improvement is a neoliberal cope for complete impotence in the face of the structural collapse, same with grindset bullshit.

I think it's great; the fewer insufferable faggots infesting my hobby, the better.