Digital Downloads and online gaming is possibly the WORST thing to ever happen in video game history

Digital Downloads and online gaming is possibly the WORST thing to ever happen in video game history.
>Ruins collecting and the SOUL of the big box PC games. It destroys the very culture of video games.
>makes developers lazy and release unfinished, buggy, unoptimized games which they will get around to fixing later with patches.
>You need an account which can get banned for hate speech or any other political reason.
>You now don't own any of your games and are subject to be removed from you forever for no reason.
>Need a fast and stable internet connection to even have access to them and you need time to download them

Just take the bluray pill Any Forums.

Attached: ci-170715173217-960.png (960x720, 1.03M)

>>Need a fast and stable internet connection to even have access to them and you need time to download them
This is a non-issue in the current year, agreed on the rest of the points though. I recently bought some old PC game boxes just for the nostalgia, they're absolutely oozing with soul.

Buying physical games does not fucking help anymore. When you install a game from your disc, the first thing it does is download a 100 gigabyet "patch" that's just the whole game.

I just buy a mix of physical and digital and I pirate the rest. It's been working out well for me so far.

With digital being so huge now you can just download everything for free, even if they try to put shitty drm in the game it will just be removed with a patch.
Yeah online is shit but single player games are not going away.

>This is a non-issue in the current year
It is absolutely not a nonissue, even with the best possible internet in the world you will have some days when it straight up doesn't work.

Just get the crack which removes the connection requirement.

i've lived at my current place for 8 years and i've had exactly 2 days of internet downtime and that was from a lightning strike hitting a power line that caused a car accident into a hub

You don't own those games really, you just download them. It's not real.
Besides all your data and the actual games are not forever. They only last as long as your SSD lasts which is around 8 years. To actually own games forever where they can't be taken away you have to burn them on bluray and keep them in a cd case or cd holder.

Here's what you need to do.
$5 Sharpie marker
$10 CD holder
Buy a $30 bluray writer off amazon
25 pack of 25gb bluray and 5 pack of 100gb for games like red dead 2, hitman 3

Burn the pirated material and now you own the game for life.

Diablo II wasn't that good

Diablo 2 was that good.

Attached: 1657403785728.png (741x568, 558.01K)

The can kick your door down and take your cds, which is about as likely as all copies being removed from the internet at the same time that my hard drive dies. You are just literally retarded.

Yes that's true, but you still will never truly own your games. Even with all of those what ifs, if you download online you don't own them. It's as simple as that.

Yeah okay, I'll just have to settle with being able to play literally any game I ever want for free. Oh man life is so hard.

Shit like Spyro Reignited at least has the decency to tell you if it needs to be downloaded and if not, the internet will angrily let you know.

I bought Shield with the expansion years after my purchase could make a difference and it was playable right out the box. No internet required and I autistically fucking tested it just to make sure, both the Armor and Crown Pass were in my bag before even getting to the train station, ensuring that content is forever physically preserved for anyone interested in it. Everything I buy is a special edition at this point.

Murphy's Law.

Ive been buying pc games since 1995. I would never go back to physical.

All these sites both pirated torrents and steam servers exist on the premise that you have internet and that IF these services stay online, that the data still exists. But laws are subject to change.

You still don't own it permanently because these services are liable to be shut down and or change requiring further verification in the future that you may not consent to. If you wanted to just build a PC without it being connected to the internet in the future to play just your CD disk games on, you couldn't do that with steam. You are essentially hostage. This is bad because steam and other services can charge membership fees, new laws can be instituted to crack down on torrents.

HDD's are not reliable, SSD's are not reliable.

With bluray discs not only is the storage secure and reliable, but the data can be copied of it and replicas can be made.

You don't own it permanently because cds degrade and get scratched. Your logic isn't logical, your special pleading is a fallacy and you are literally retarded, now kill yourself.

>You don't own it permanently because cds degrade and get scratched.

Blurays are coated in a hard coating that is unable to be scratched. You can use a key to try and scratch it and it wont, It's almost scratch proof. They are also manufactured as well to last over 100 years since its not nonorganic dye. Wow you're retarded.

>all those help topics about people with scratched disks literally don't exist
cope
>no u
So you are literally six years old.

Yea if you don't use a razor knife to your discs blurays don't scratch. It's only retards leaving them on the floor and out of the cases where they walk on them and rub them against the floor. Treat the discs right and they will be in good condition. This is common sense.

anyways faggot blu ray is superior. Stop being a slave to globohomo steam

>all those people with scratched disks are so retarded that they intentionally destroyed their own property, there is no other explanation
Super retarded cope.

>Stop being a slave to globohomo steam
I said I download everything for free and this is what you assume? I must have missed the steam 100% off sale, you are literally retarded.

If you're not trying to scratch it then blurays are scratch proof, they need a very hard level of sharpness like a razor knife with a point to take damage. Most of discs that get scratched are DVD, not bluray.

So I will just discount your shit opinion as a whole of someone who doesn't know what they are talking about, also no (you), NEXT!

You still don't own the video game permanently, you are still downloading. You can use all the copes you want but its still the fundamental truth, you do not own it.

>this reply isn't a reply, even though everyone can tell it is a reply
So now you are coping about how your cope didn't work, this really is some pathetic nigger shit.
You don't own the game permanently because your disk will scratch and your disk drive will break, but at least you admit you are retarded.
>no u are the cope
Yeah I get it, you are literally six years old and you are very mad about it.

>download game
>it is now on my physical hard drive aka a physical copy
checkmate physicalfags