Literally what the fuck is the point in "realistic" graphics...

Literally what the fuck is the point in "realistic" graphics. why is our industry wasting time with shit like meta-human?
youtube.com/watch?v=KdfegonWz5g

It looks like shit. it's fucking ugly, it attempts to look real but clearly fails at it in every regard and is defined by it's blatant flaws that can't be overlooked.
an 'art style' that even fails at it's basic purpose is not a valid artstyle at all.

if we can't even render subsurface scattering properly and it's at least 20 years until that's achievable. what the fuck is the point in all these ugly abomination games being made now with this primitive unequipped technology?

Attached: metahuman-1.jpg (2560x1440, 649.33K)

People's lives suck, so they try to have power in games.
Games have gone in the direction of evil, instead of fun, since they became (forcefully)popularized.

Just because it looks bad now, doesn't mean it'll look bad forever,

I want to install mods to rape realistic npcs

But it will look bad for at least the next 20 years.
So why makes games using it now? you're just pumping out trash.

Playable frame rates on rtx 9080 ti

>Want to make a realistic game
>Incels seethe over it because they are faggots
>Ignore them and make my realistic looking game that features creative worlds unique to my headcanon of reality.

Cope.

Attached: 1658608522310061.jpg (1080x1185, 145.84K)

In the absence of artistic talent or vision, use realism.

vote with your wallet. if you vote with your wallet and don't see any change occurring, it's because you're in the minority and most people disagree with you.

Attached: 1658983568901079.jpg (850x1173, 210.67K)

They had a major update and you can now wrap it whatever character face mesh you created.
So it's something like an upgraded version of Daz Studio that works in realtime.

This right here.

>and is defined by it's blatant flaws that can't be overlooked.
>it's

How about you learn to spell before you attempt to criticize anything, you fucking illiterate retard.

But the games being made now will look bad forever

Neo and Trinity in that Matrix demo looked amazing.

So long as we eventually get Kpop girls I'm down.

Fuck capitalism. It enables shit taste.

does it let you make right have sex with middle?

its called thinking ahead user
in 15 years it wont suck

>It will get better I swear.
Actually it starting like look slightly worse over recent years. People will notice the special effect in the film industry is deteriorating too. What is the reason though.

>translated from coombrain: why don't they look anime?

Attached: 1e9.jpg (372x342, 24.7K)

the pretty games from the 2000s probably took more effort to look good than the shit ones we have today

Go easy on the guy. It's not easy to write an essay on why realism "fucking sucks" with one hand on your "joystick".

People enjoy realistic settings retard
Or do I have to explain this basic concept too

Attached: Thomas Cole - Roman Campagna, 1843.jpg (4000x2678, 1.77M)

old games had realistic settings but prettier.

>high res
>artist name in the file name

Attached: Komi_thumbs_up.jpg (689x715, 188.37K)

how else are they going to shove masculinized femoids and groids into the games ?

Realism is coom though. You're a tranny so you confuse realistic art style with ugliness. Because you're an ugly muttranny living in a shithole.

segments of the industry have bought into this idea that "realism sells better than cartoony." that's why SF6 looks like Tekken instead of like Street Fighter.

>that image
now put 20 of these NPCs in the middle of a market and have them talk to each other before breaking into a shootout. i wanna see how many FPS you can manage. lmao