Will training my reaction time help me in FPS games? How else can you get better?

Will training my reaction time help me in FPS games? How else can you get better?humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

Attached: hb.png (867x429, 39.51K)

Positioning is infinitely more important.

Attached: rrr2.png (554x430, 12.21K)

Mine is 546. I think this is a problem.

Are you doing it on your phone or some shit?

these tests dont actually help your real in game reaction time, specially not choice reactions
just play the game more and play more action games. Sleep well, eat well, be good at concentrating etc

FPS games have network delay and shit like peaker's advantage, "competitive" gaming is a huge meme and oxymoron unless if you're playing on LAN

i cant get below 250 and when i try to focus on the screen it's always around 290, now i know why i have problems playing arena fps

Jesus and I thought my 260 average was bad

i sleep

Attached: 1629047147221.png (697x388, 14.3K)

PC

ADD brain here, how do I help with concentration without being hopped up on coffee?

do I read more? i've been reading a bit
does listening to background music or videos make it worse?

the person you replied to is also an adhd rard
concentration is really just being used and immersed to the game really, no much more than that. sometimes you will fuck up but so will your enemies
another tip is having fun and being really excited with the game. if you genuinely enjoy it like that, sometimes you will be filled with energy, being very fast and very confident

is the FPS game you're looking for improvement, by any chance, CSGO? if so i could give you some tips perhaps

everyone's biggest problem is probably fps and monitor refresh rate & input lag

or just take adderall

forgot to mention
>does listening to background music or videos make it worse?
this seems very bad for competitive fps games that demand big attention
it shouldnt really matter that much for other kinds of games. you dont need super fast twitchy reactions for those, you can win those with brain, gamesense, and just mechanically being used to the game usually

Team fortress 2, general mouse aiming desu bu ti think my posture + sensitivity has been hindering me

horrible idea. You need to hear footsteps and other sounds so you can be like "oh he has a shotgun I'll play differently"

probably practice focused meditation (keep thoughts empty like just focus on your breath and chest expanding) in nature or just silence and see if you can go longer every time

I'm quite old for vidya so i'm think it's fine.

k

Your monitor can contribute to your score.

no
you still have to aim and above all else you still have to acquire a target to aim at

Attached: Reaction Time Test.png (1010x540, 21.33K)

I'm in my 30's so I guess I'm getting slower.

Attached: fsaf.jpg (1354x702, 67.88K)

>How else can you get better?
Just get good by playing the game you want to get good at. It's that fucking simple.

32 here Not an excuse.

peripheral vision and flick training is better for FPSes than just basic colors. you'd be surprised how dumb your brain is with peripheral vision (example picrel, stare at the plus sign and see the people morph into mongoloids)

Attached: n5zlgQ6-2360802976.gif (907x405, 839.84K)

I have 160 ms but suck ass because I have a nasty autopilot habit and don't actually think while playing
This guy is right in that game sense and experience can trump raw reacion times

I get 200-210 every time, but dont play any competitive game because im not a degenerate

suck it voomers

Attached: reaction test 3.png (1246x840, 591.65K)

IT'S FUCKING OVER

Attached: ITS OVER.jpg (3480x2262, 3.07M)

nope. barely anyone knows how to hold or move a mouse. sperging out hundreds for inconsequential advantages won't do much. you will only be limited by your hardware if it's total ass or you're superhuman. it's much more pleasant to play on high refresh sure but it doesn't convert much of an advantage in itself.

I know for a fact that gamepad in html5 chrome has a native input lag of like 0.03 of a second.
I'm sure browser have input lag fore everything else to so this test is probably inaccurate.

>tfw 1k hours in csgo and ranked sliver 1/2
I am ngmi

Attached: sad soy.jpg (601x508, 35.82K)

is it ogre for me?

Attached: 1646775251488.png (404x470, 17.96K)