Does the FFVII remake have good combat?

Thinking about buying this game, is the combat fun? It looks kinda neat but the game is expensive. The combat looks neat in an arcadey sort of way. How much fun did you have with it?

Attached: FFVIIRemake.png (264x377, 213.91K)

Nope
It's a shit game

Yes, but only Yuffie's DLC

Attached: FF7 Remake yuffie .webm (1920x1080, 2.89M)

The combat is okay, nothing amazing or revolutionary. Air combat is complete garbage and an afterthought by the hacks at squeenix. Also they took Type-0 fighter moveset and gave it to Tifa.

It goes on sale semi-frequently so just keep an eye out. Its combat translates the idea of managing multiple characters in a series of scrappy encounters very well. The spirit of the original turn based format is there with much more engaging battles for some of the less important encounters, which is usually a huge issue for turn based games. The hard mode really brings out the strengths of the system, which means it's somewhat unfortunate you don't unlock it until finishing a normal playthrough.

Combat is less fun than Xenoblade Chronicles 3, or Tales of Arise.
Its ok, but not as entertaining as FF7 just seems like the enemies are all damage sponges to pad out the length.

>Xenoblade Chronicles 3, or Tales of Arise.
Both reddit games

Attached: 12547865485.jpg (599x399, 149.63K)

The combat is extremely average. It gets the job done, but it's nothing to write home about.

I like it.

Attached: 15489872652.webm (853x480, 2.9M)

How many hours of sweat did this take? You're supposed to be able to play a jrpg with one hand dude. I don't play DMC for a reason.

The combat uses a typical fill up the bar so you can deal damage to the enemy for 5 seconds before the bar resets system.

It's up to you whether you like those systems or not.

Attached: 1636065672737.jpg (717x898, 232.77K)

Outfuckingstanding

Attached: 1634586034353.jpg (400x411, 43.67K)

It's basically like they took the turn-based combat from the original game, but replaced the parts where you are just waiting for a bar to fill up with action. I usually dislike Action RPGs but I liked this one because of how much it emphasizes the "RPG" part. You can switch characters at any time, pause the action at any time to issue commands, there are a lot of attacks that you must defend against instead of dodging, and most encounters feel more like a puzzle of learning and exploiting the enemy's weakness, rather than a test of reflexes.

It's an Action RPG that doesn't just turn into an action game with HP bars and level ups, and keeps the appeal of turn based RPG combat.

It had GOOD combat.
The flaws glow in hard mode though.
>Put melee weapon on Barret
>Rust Drake is now literally unkillable.
great lol

Attached: stop eating semen.jpg (354x259, 75.13K)

Failing because you improperly equipped your characters in an RPG is considered a flaw now?

No.
It's flashy but ultimately lacks substance.

You should still be able to win if you play right.
Making an enemy only Barret can kill and then giving you the option of melee weapons which will make the fight impossible is not good game design. Flying enemies are abysmal cancer bullshit and you cannot disagree with me on this.

It's nothing special, the game auto combos. It's mostly a string of hitting the defualt attack button and occasionally holding it for a charged attack. The person who made it also zoomed in so you don't see the UI when they choose to use a special move. It looks good but I get irked when people make stuff like this to fool people into thinking they're amazing.

I mean if you went into a fight with Red Dragon with nothing but fire materia and elemental attack bound to it in OG you were pretty fucked.

It's pretty bad, they should have gone with classic turn based but zoomers don't have the attention span.

>the game auto combos
Yeah, on the lowest difficulty that removes all action elements.