I can't play multiplayer games anymore

Anyone else tired of multiplayer games? It seems like everyone has just gotten so goddam annoying and retarded that it's impossible to play a match of anything without some total anchor ruining the whole experience. I've found myself gravitating more to the singleplayer genre because being alone is preferable to putting up with the modern gamer. I'm not old btw

Attached: 494270f2eda8e56d79cffffefb2a93c0.jpg (320x288, 12.14K)

A lot of people have become more insufferable lately, not sure what's happened. Maybe a lot of people have just given up being civil and polite to each other. I can't join a friend group for a game session without there being one or two people acting like they are the smartest person in the room.

Same, aside from Multiversus and Factions all single player for me, I don't feel like competing against spastics on adderall

I've come to love and appreciate a pause button

I only enjoy multiplayer games, though it's with my sister sitting next to me and we chat while eating junk food and sharing a drink, so maybe it doesn't count

What genre do you play?

I'm glad you have a healthy relationship with your sister user. Anyone after this comment is just jealous of a healthy sibling relationship :^)

96% of my games are Indie. I can't stand modern AAA games at all. Some multiplayer games I play are Hell Let Loose, TABG, and Halo MCC; the first two have great communities, the first is a milsim so of course most of the players are pretty down-to-Earth.

Otherwise, I agree. I tried Halo Infinity multiplayer but everyone playing were just dinks.

Multi-player games are all shit cash grabs with the micro transactions and useless skins you can't even see.

The cock demon is right.
So is this guy

i know this feel, user. at least in anything PVP related. the forced 50/50 SBMM, the forced e-sports, people with TTV at the end of their names, kids during the summertime hopped up on Adderall, it's all become so tiresome. things were different when i could call someone a fag, or tell them i would skin their Mom alive and wear her like a costume. the bants were different, you could fuck with people who irritated you to blow off steam or liven up a lobby. now we're just sitting there, getting irritated, with no outlet. that or 3/4 of the lobby have game chat muted anyway because they're in a Discord/Party Chat with their friends anyway. i consider myself very lucky for having played XBL during the 360 generation, that's damn near the tail end of unregulated game voice chat.

I get physically stressed from multiplayer games and have to drink alcohol, so I’m quitting multiplayer for a while. I can smoke some weed and it really doesn’t do shit to make multiplayer fun anymore like when I was a teenager, so I’m sticking with single player for a few months. also every shooting game is now crossplay except Apex, and randos in Apex are pure cancer. Basically If you aren’t a sTrEaMeR now multiplayer is pointless

I've never liked multiplayer games. I hate people. Single player games 4 lyfe.

Oh, you've been a MOBA player too?

Same except I got sick of them like 18 years ago. When I discovered a few years ago that new games force you to use matchmaking instead of allowing people to create their own servers, I laughed.

Man that sounds so cozy. What are some of your favorite games you’ve played with her?
I really enjoyed playing It Takes Two, Sackboy, Tiny Tina’s, and Halo with my gf. I’m always looking for new couch coop games to play.

Everything being "meta"d killed any enjoyment of a multiplayer game after the first month. Forced 50 win/loss and pay2win shit ruins everything else
The only multiplayer games that are still fun haven't innovated in a decade so they die a slow death, even though they're still fun they can't stop the hemmorage of players
Games are dead

Obscure 2, resident evil 5 and 6, phasmophobia, genshin impact, battleblock theater

Nah, you just need friends to play with. There are more games to play now than there ever has been. Stop being dramatic.

Nice, I’ve been meaning to play re5&6. I think Ill have to get re5 tomorrow. I’ll check out the other games you mentioned. Thanks user.

>I'm not old btw

Attached: 1650217106825.png (1464x1056, 1.06M)

meta gaming and the proliferation of wikis really did do a lot of damage to online games. i feel you, user.

Have fun

I don’t understand. Why don’t you just ignore wikis and min maxing shit?

because you'll either get crushed by people not ignoring the meta, or you'll get bullied by your teammates for playing off-meta and gimping the team?

>use non-meta weapon that you like
>80% of opponents using meta weapon in meta configuration
>you now lose majority of 1 on 1 encounters by default

I have a friend
We have played tons of multiplayer games and we either don't click with them or get fed up with matchmaking mmr or metashit
We basically just play fifa seasons with each other at this point, because every game we used to play is no longer fun, and new games only come out in October for some reason

This is what killed camelot classic servers