What are some unsolved mysteries in games?

What are some unsolved mysteries in games?

Attached: cauldron.jpg (960x540, 78.81K)

"Why hasn't anyone made a second good video game following in Halo 2's footsteps?"

how many endings does that game have anyways?

Im convinced this shit is unfinished

only four

How the fuck was Rattmann not spotted by GLaDOS at all

A lot of the side quests don't lead to an ending.

An unsolved mystery in Noita?
Have the devs finally found a way to hide shit from the fucking PLAGUE that is data miners?

It just seems unlikely this thing or other things like the floating eyes actually do anything at this point

it's most likely unsolved because it's unfinished
but the reason why it can't be datamined is because it's part of the world generation code, like the also unsolved eye messages. It's impossible to datamine because you'd essentially have to reverse engineer the world generation and the physics engine to understand it. There's no object in any file that corresponds to the cauldron room, if it has any interactions they'll only be found in game. Furthermore, the area won't even generate if you have mods activated.

Where the fuck the toilets on Sevastopol Station are. Amanda Ripley had to have pissed in a corner at least thrice over the course of her ~14 hour journey aboard the station. There's one or two single toilets in the San Cristobal Medical Facility—but no public lavatories in any of the passenger/resident areæ, nor any worker bathrooms on the Engineering decks. Was everyone just an android‽

Attached: alienisolation-screenshot-4.jpg (980x551, 49.25K)

>found a way to hide shit from the fucking PLAGUE that is data miners
Depending on what programming language you use, you can make your code nearly impossible to reverse with any automatic tool because it's just optimized (obfuscated) machine instructions with no additional information. You could also hide data in the executable and encrypt it, so you can't search for it. Combine that with some clever tricks like hiding secret functionality into an unrelated one, and it would become extremely difficult to reverse engineer.

The main problem is that the developer has to want to do this, which most developers don't, and also not use some high level shitting street language that puts all kinds of debugging and analytic information into the executable that makes it easy to unpack.

>The main problem is that the developer has to want to do this, which most developers don't
I'm sure that every single game dev that adds in-game mysteries don't want people to discover them through data mining

Attached: 2h k0k.png (305x289, 12.75K)

I'm sorry dude, once you start thinking like that it's all over. Almost every game (DF included) avoids that altogether, and most have no "ecology" of the world at all.

Yea, I know :(
What's weird is that the station is otherwise so immaculately designed. Idk if these things are just oversights or laziness.

Attached: alien-isolation-screenshot-ME3050230712_2.jpg (1920x1080, 143.07K)

People will look up secrets from a wiki anyway, anti-datamining trickery is only valid if you want it to remain a secret for a long time, beyond the average player's span of interest in the game, which I bet hardly any developer cares about. I think it's mostly players who want that, and even they're an unnoticeable minority.

No one adds complex secrets to their game hoping that players google the solution, user...

There's no middle ground where your game has cool secrets and you can't google them, unless nobody has figured it out yet.

>complex secrets
Which modern games have complex secrets?

God damn it why did you have to point this out

Sorry bro. I don't enjoy the knowledge either.

because of the datamined "Altar of Permanence" mentions, I though the cauldron was supposed to add 'always cast' spells to wands. I'm sure people already tried that and a million other things though, it's probably just unfinished

In Hell Pie, there's a random small skull at the top of the 7 Sins room that simply says 3. We're all assuming it's referencing these 3 other skulls in the game that are in deathzone area's which require some platforming to access.

Each of those skulls have a number imprinted on their head. All of those numbers put together give us 3 831 148 32. (possibly 841 for the middle number but since it was imprinted in reverse we're assuming it's 148)
So far we've been able to find nothing in the game or outside of it for inputting these numbers, or if it's a cypher.

Interestingly enough in the devs previous game, (Ben and Ed) it also had an ARG that lead to a whole new level and alternate ending I believe, even that ARG isn't finished yet either as the devs keep posting cryptic shit on the FB page every couple of months.

wwwDOTfacebookDOTcomSLASHBennnnnnnEd

Attached: HELL.png (934x376, 415.23K)

If your games secrets requires community cooperation, you fucked up. Its neither fun nor engaging for anyone who isnt either a neet or an autist.

Anything outside of that is whether the player in question wants to spoil their experience or not, which shouldn't be the devs business. So there isn't a reason to give a fuck about data miners one way or the other.