It's no masterpiece

Why do people like this slow linear game?

Attached: Sonic_Adventure_2_cover.png (324x324, 203.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2JfHmMZV-To
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's fun

nostalgia

nobody likes this shit desu

they grew up with it and everything afterwards was even worse

Attached: 1636378592562.gif (640x480, 2.8M)

you use linear like an insult but this game perfected the adventure formula using linear stages to guide you to very specific and smooth setpieces and spectal in fun ways using the most fun and fluid tools in sonic and shadows arsenal like the ring dash instead of spindashing over literally everything and not engaging with the game

also here are 2 linear games that are beloved:
fallout new vegas and mario galaxy

its fun

Mecha sonic >>>>>>>> metal sonic

Attached: The Virgin metal vs the Chad Mecha.jpg (1920x1080, 429.22K)

chao garden
the rest of the game is shit

Attached: happy-chao-happy[1].gif (498x331, 1.99M)

Shutup bitch

Show us your ranks, user. It's okay, we won't judge.

Based response

>slow
>t.E fag

Wish more people played Shadow the Hedgehog, it was the last game in the adventure plot-line and going back to the ARK was pure kino

youtube.com/watch?v=2JfHmMZV-To

I played it. It's in my bottom 3 Sonic games, along with Forces and Rise of Lyric.

Oh no, the game is LINEAR? Well that just won't do. I heard on the internet that linear games are objectively bad for no quantifiable reason!

I'm going for all a ranks right now and am realizing it is just as fun as I always thought it was, levels flow so fast once you learn them, just like the genesis games - but yes it is a bit too automated

>Doesn't point out the fact on how much of a legend Mk II became due to SMBZ
so close

I did, and it was terrible. That and Sonic Heroes made me give up on Sonic forever.

Chao. The levels are just a shitty minigame to get to the Chao.

The Chao were kind of neat but terribly under utilized, they don't do shit except little cutesy things and auto run races that you can only "cheer them on" for. Leave it to redditor tourists to shit themselves idolizing the most brainless minigame aspect of a great 3D platformer.

>implying the main game is anything more than a brainless minigame