Why am i the only one who remembers this game?

why am i the only one who remembers this game?

Attached: Battlefield_1942_Box_Art.jpg (265x374, 21.7K)

you're surrounded by 90's babies, who only know how to buy skins and battle passes

Attached: 13928547.png (519x324, 205.63K)

What? Never heard of it.

It was such a mess, I don't understand how it became so popular, was it consoles?

It was my first fps but It had to be installed every time I wanted to play it so I stopped after a while.

Is project rebirth or whatever still up for 1942 and 2?

If you didn't grow up to be blasting the 1942 loading theme and the outrun soundtrack(s) while driving you failed as a real nigga.
Also, flying the bombers solo in battle of Britain swapping to gunner seat taking down the fighters following you while the plane was gliding was awesome.

I always played against the AI because I didn't understand how the multiplayer worked.

1942 was good
Desert combat was good
Vietnam was good
2 good
2142 good
BC2 good
3 good
BF Heroes good
4 good
Hardline good
V good
2142 good
Mods I forgot about were good too.
Also Battlefront 1 and 2 were good and Battlefront 1 and 2 were good.

2042 good. Goofed it all up.

For me, it's DC Lost Village 24/7. The best Battlefield server.

1942 was the only one I ever really played. Vietnam had such a fucked launch that I didn't even bother, and the Battlefield 2 demo was boring.

Lots of Desert Combat and Interstate 1982 as well.

>Interstate 1982 as well
insanely based
is82.com and the community maps were fun

Had no idea they were still maintaining the website, would have figured it was long forgotten like so many mods. And holy shit they've got a lot of maps too, I only remember playing the default ones, the desert one with the blimp, the green archipelago one with all the loops, and the ski resort with the docks.

Played it at the local cybercafé once before getting kicked out for raging and cussing.

you forgot bad company 1

I remember nobody ever bitched about all of the axis and all of the allies using almost the same guns, the Soviets using Lee-Enfields and Tommy guns was always funny.

Did have console at the time so i never played it except 5 minutes at bros house. It was prob good too. Theres other BF games like 1943 and some other console games i didnt mention too. Plus stuff like Spec Ops for BF2 which was also good.

didnt*

When V came out many people were raging about how 1942 was so realistic unlike V

The lack of authenticity does annoy me more now as an adult but anybody who thinks 1942 is more realistic than V has never played 1942.