GOTHIC

GOTHIC

ATMOSPHERE

KINO

Attached: 5276205.jpg (900x1200, 153.09K)

1 is better

Attached: 1659723556353545.jpg (1266x688, 1.06M)

3 is better

The fucking room with those sneaky mother fuckers

You know the one. True pain.

iphone version is better because it has mercenaries mode like in resident evil

it's the same fucking thing

doesn't have the javelin. shit game

To me the setting ruined it. I played 2 right after 1 and it didn't capture me at all, the space station gave me a Bioshock Rapture feeling of an enclosed city. I didn't like this, I much prefered the feeling of a intertwined desolate spaceship since not many other games have done it. Fighting through apartments and shops has been done to death though. Issac being voiced didn't bother me but I can't say it helped either.

I'm surprised they never added a horde mode afterwards

Would have been better than 1 dare I say if Issac never spoke.

The thing that you have to understand about DS1 faggots is that they have some sort of idealized version of dead space 1 in their head where they think it's some sort of incredibly subtle and atmospheric horror experience instead of an RE4 inspired action game in space specifically because they always focus on the iconography of a mute Isaac Clarke exploring an abandoned ship like the Ishimura and how much scarier in concept it is than the sprawl. As such they also completely ignore the fact that Dead space is completely action focused in it's moment to moment gameplay and that you often face 3-4 necromorphs at a time while not even having to conserve on resources because all necros drop them upon death.

They'll do the same thing with Dead space 2 where they'll focus on all the times Isaac drops some quips and proceed to call it marvel movie shlock that abandoned the horror genre while also completely ignoring some sections that are even scarier than anything in DS1 because it doesn't fit with this pre-concieved notion of what they think DS2 is.

Attached: 1444849445719.jpg (1280x720, 74.17K)

I prefer the Detonator. Hilariously fun.

Isaac talking was great, mostly because of the voice acting. Cursing while stomping the shit out of necromorphs is really satisfying. Fuck you and FUCK YOUR MARKER

I don't think you know what gothic means

This is so true it hurts. Dead Space 2 has better weaponry and more dangerous enemies while keeping more or less the same level of atmosphere.

>mostly because of the voice acting
Yeah, the guy is indeed a great actor, he speaks exactly like how I imagined Isaac would in DS1. This dude acting was so good in DS3 that it ALMOST saved that shitshow of a plot the game had.

The scariest part of DS2 was finding the Ishimura docked alongside the Sprawl.

1 is Alien, 2 is Aliens, both are good in their own regard, 3 is Alien resurrection.

Attached: Isaac.jpg (797x866, 172.11K)

Wouldn't it be more fitting to say Alien 3? I wouldn't know because I stopped at Aliens.

We don't talk about alien 3 just like how we don't talk about dead space 3.

Hopes and fears for the remake and Callisto?

Attached: 1648917049546.png (592x592, 293.98K)

Atmosphere got kicked out right at the beginning when you had to start stomping on enemies for drops.

>having hope for a remake of a beloved classic game
ngmi

The ayy lmaos in Callisto are weak, but you can't really top necromorphs. It's up to the robutts to carry it to kino

Dunno, I liked Isaac from the first game because the way he express himself talks about an unexperienced man in a desperate situation: How he stumped, how he swing his arm trying to hit anything... It was more human IMO.
Meanwhile in DS2, while he maintain the serious tone of the situation most of the time, sometimes he talks like an action man.
>"Isaac, you're going to fight those monters"
>"Don't worry, I have practice"
>Going back to the Ishimura
>"I'll have to go to engineering. This is going to be interesting"

U dont know wtf gothic means zoomie