Linux Gaming Thread

what video games have you been playing on your Linux machine recently?

Attached: Tux.png (265x314, 11.63K)

0 because linux got no gamez

Been playing Lovely Planet and Run or Die.
I also wanted to try my hand at recording video and making webms, but I'm having trouble getting file sizes down. I'm still practicing, though.

I haven't played any game recently, but I'm posting anyway just because Windows is gay

Attached: 1658245093504313.jpg (680x676, 64.08K)

I played the demo for plums game, it's alright.

Attached: 1654088673532.gif (144x144, 34.49K)

If you're poor, linux got more games than windows.

>Windows is gay
Very uncalled for, homophobic statement.

Doomsday Hunters

Attached: 501_1.png (2560x1440, 801.23K)

Attached: lovelyclip3.webm (1280x720, 2.23M)

anyone here plays minetest?
how good is it compared to minecraft

been playing Dusk, SSBM on Slippi, and PokeMMO

It's quite worse than minecraft because people don't just do as many mods for it.
But it's a LOT less resource intensive, and has some very fucking autistic machine mods with multiblock machines.

are there any other minecraft alternatives that are good

I have no clue, but i guess all i can say is "fucking get minetest and make some mods yourself, it's just lua, so it's retarded easy to make mods for it"

I think I got it.

Attached: lovelyclip1.webm (640x360, 1011.1K)

I don't game on Linux. I use KVM to pass through my GPU. I don't understand why you'd have Windows installed bare metal on your PC, but I also don't understand why you wouldn't use a Windows virtual machine if you want to play games. It's just an objectively better experience all around.

I tend to play games in short bursts, and the games I like the most are arcade games, so it's better for me to stay on Linux since it has the rest of thew software I use the most.

I used to, but then AMD got better drivers on GNU/Linux and there just isn't a point to having Windows at all.
Breaking the hold of a console company on PC gaming is a goal worth pursuing. Same kind of benefits are on their way that came for the web when developers started rebelling against Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer going from 99%+ of the market to Trident being entirely discontinued proves it can happen.

Haven't played much today because I had a lot of shit going on, but in the precious few minutes of spare time, I did install a few games on my brand-new Steam Deck.

For some fucking reason, Alan Wake refuses to launch — it just kicks me back to the library when I try to play it — despite being "verified". Frankly, if I'm being honest, I don't actually enjoy playing shooters (even third-person) without a mouse, and I really just wanted to see how well it runs on Steam Deck in terms of performance, but still, what the fuck. Valve should un-verify that shit if it's not going to run at the default settings they chose. Oh well. At least I haven't had a problem running any of the games that I actually want to play on a handheld.

>Lovely Planet
Fun game. I played through it before I switched to Linux. Maybe I should install it again.

It's Linux native and doesn't need Steam to run, so it has become one of my staples.

Dark Souls remastered

Attached: game.png (1920x1080, 830.16K)

Hows the state of SteamVR currently?

Attached: 1631562501488.jpg (1980x2600, 1.15M)

Mainly just OSRS and Strive.
Gotta get back on the Rocksmith grind but been lazy.