Paper Mario was never good

Paper Mario was never good

Attached: 1615449076954.jpg (1280x720, 172.63K)

You left out the only good one

It's amazing how bad that whit outline around everything looks. Does no one at Nintendo have eyes?

Only the first two games are good. SPM is at least decent because the 2D-3D gimmick was cool.

Wii's anatomy with Wii U's color scheme would make the perfect paper mario.

I don't even know why they have it other than to drive the 'dude paper lmao' shit into your head. two outlines looks so fucking stupid

I'm honestly shocked, I thought the terrible outlines started with SS but I guess color splash is responsible for that

Attached: 1597550020519.jpg (540x302, 44.34K)

I hate the fucking white outline, especially because it wasn't used for the one (1) game in the series where it would have made sense. They look like stickers but it wasn't in Sticker Star. The worst part is that the original idea, to have jagged lines to make them look like they were roughly cut out of paper, was dumped for this shit.

Dude what if we crossed over and made it as bland as possible!
Oh, it didn't sell? Cancel Mario and Luigi then I guess....

Attached: 1645266560431.jpg (400x240, 23.61K)

64,TTYD and TOK are the only good games. The other three can go in the trash. The white outlines were the best addition

There were so many good decisions made between the Paper Mario 1 and 2, shame that the gamecube underperformed so hard. Why does nintendo hate having mario in a RPG role?

>game was decent because it had a gimmick
Let me guess, you like to watch lots and lots of marvel movies

based

Game was decent because it had a COOL gimmick. How many platformers actually make use of a 2D/3D switch?

The gimmick was pretty cool, the game play was mediocre, the story was fun
It's purely style over substance

more like toilet paper mario

64 & GC are amazing.
Wii was okay, but they started messing up.
Rest are garbage.
I recently played the Switch one after it got praised and I was fucking shocked to see how fucking far the game went from its RPG roots into whatever that game was.

The majority of the game is fucking Toad hunts and the main villain is a strawman for people who hate what the series is now lmao.

>.>

The Origami King will never be good.

Attached: 1633896480214.jpg (528x960, 63.42K)

>Why does nintendo hate having mario in a RPG role?

Because of the Mario Mandates. Miyamoto and Tanabe both also hate RPGs.

Attached: 1635022141703.jpg (1024x1005, 279.99K)

>sticker
>color
>cardboard
>origami
What's the next WACKY paper gimmick they're going to do?

wool

>stop complaining about Paper Mario, the M&L games are proper RPGs!
>Alphadream fucking dies

Attached: E8rp5F3XMAEdUrV.jpg (750x871, 66.42K)

Not sure, the yoshi games seems to be on the same "stationary" themes now

Super Paper Mario was the only i played and it was pretty good.

>that one iwata asks that said Nintendo only needed one Mario RPG series so they switched genres with Paper Mario
>M&L is dead
>now we have no Mario RPGs and won't ever again because of the mandate

Attached: 1560076966975.gif (185x185, 785.68K)

it looks like mario + rabbids is replacing mario & luigi's role, the new one is adding more RPG elements like level-ups

>"mandate"
meds

Go home Miyamoto

Mario+Rabbids was "baby's first rpg" tier though.
It wasn't entirely bad, but it almost felt like the game designer came out of the casual mobile market.

It's just X-Com bro

Last year was 20 years since Paper Mario
Next year will be 20 years since Superstar Saga

Attached: 1641339484670.jpg (471x353, 24.22K)

>It's soul because I was a child when it happened!!

In that case the Soul era was NES.

Well I mean you're not wrong...

Attached: 1573096626637.jpg (1280x720, 242.32K)

I know. So in that case SNES was the dark era and GameCube was the souless era.

Paper Mario fans are Mario and Luigi fans are just obnoxious. The the first game in each series was soul.

Imo the only Soulless mario games are NSMB2 and the couple of spin off sports titles they threw out between 2010-2015

TTYD is superior

Somehow it's even more boring than sticker star was. Sticker star was a bad game but at least it was like a bad where you can laugh at it.
Paper jam was just bad in a way that's truly irirredeemable. Not one good thing about that whole game.