Does Any Forums play Dungeon Crawlers? What's your least favourite dungeon?

Does Any Forums play Dungeon Crawlers? What's your least favourite dungeon?

Attached: PC_&_Vita_Floor_2.png (2067x2070, 1.38M)

Does this count?

Attached: 9576576.png (600x900, 287.45K)

refrain hands down
can't wait for galleria next year

Attached: 1565141407431.jpg (675x1090, 566.2K)

Technically not really since that's just an action rpg with dungeons and not a Dungeon Crawler (the genre not the concept), but you're a brother in spirit.

For some reason I've never been able to really get into 1st person dungeon crawlers. Only been able to get into relatively simple ones like Soul Hackers or the plethora on the Vita.

Arx Fatalis is a spiritual successor to Ultima Underworld and was even designed to be a direct sequel except they couldn't get the rights. Is Ultima Underworld not a dungeon crawler?

It's all unclear and people have different criteria for what actually counts as one (let alone a good one), the definition is more smudged than Metroidvania. Basically this is a 1st person grid based dungeon crawling RPG thread whether they be western or japanese, but realistically while Arx Fatalis is just a 1st person action RPG it carries much of the same spirit and autism even if being spiritual successor has nothing to do with genre.

Basically, go for broke and post about it. Dungeon autism is dungeon autism.

Do Bloodborne chalice dungeons count? Even since I've played them I've been craving something similar, but It's really hard to find

is this yume nikki

mary skelter

I prefer levels that are designed above ground. Gets really boring being underground for so fucking long. Copy pasting the same textures and tiny hallways is way easier for developers though.

most floors in EO2U were trash, but stratum 2's were particularly bad

>Refrain
Based.

I played meritous, does that count

Attached: 1646477717326.png (640x480, 56.41K)

Any Forums is terrified of taking turns in combat and you think they can handle random encounters and mazes?

I wish there was more games that was one giant super deep dungeon. BBI was the best part of DD.

can't stand japanese blobbers or rpgs in general, it seems they purposely balance them to be as grindy and waste my time as much as possible

Did you ever try Legend of Grimrock or the sequel?

Currently playing Stranger in Sword City. Game feels poorly balanced. Deaths usually come from surprise out-of-level enemies. Multiclassing is vital because most classes have highly situational skills or become completely useless after using up mana. Some classes are pointless, like the ranger. If you have an unlimited range skill for any weapon, what's the point of even use a bow if it's weaker than a melee weapon?

I really like Etrian Odyssey even though I am terrible at it. I always complete the games on expert then immediately get filtered hard by the 6th stratum and never get to do any post game bosses.

Attached: 1657250352542.jpg (757x469, 118.36K)

For me it's dungeon travelers.
Besides me you are the only person i know that actually enjoyed them.

Attached: 2022-01-01-181029.png (960x544, 600.2K)

UU/Arx are dungeon crawlers but not 'blobbers'. I've seen them called 'immersive sims' too but that's not a real genre.