Why didn't you tell me this was so fucking good

why didn't you tell me this was so fucking good

Attached: 1490875862-3920060098.png (1988x1818, 3.21M)

We did

Attached: persona.jpg (1262x1725, 855.9K)

It's not. The gameplay is horribly dated and bad. Later games (and not just Persona) did it much better.

i didn't really click with P1, but both P2 games are simply amazing. And actually fucking related to Jung's work

This game (or at least Innocent Sin) is really great with a fast forward button because most battles just require auto-attack. And boss battles are mostly just battles of attrition. And demon negotiation is ridiculously long for little return.

I've been shilling this game my whole life. Now there's a new-wave of annoying twitter faggots who get filtered by "muh card grind" and try to retroactively shit on it and pretend like the story and dialogue wasn't good either. Anyway good on you for actually giving it a chance and based for not being filtered by normal gameplay

I've been shilling it for 6 months wherever appropriate

Is it? I had to drop it because I was so bored of it. I probably shouldn't have played SMT 1, 2, and Strange Journey before playing this.

Persona started at 3

pleb

Attached: Persona ACEN.jpg (666x939, 233.26K)

Persona 3 is an overrated piece of shit

Finally want to get on the SMT train now that SMT1 PS1 has gotten translated, P1 PSP and P2IS/EP look to be some of the closest things to a dark/noir atmospheric jrpg I'm looking for.

If I get impatient waiting for the SMT2/If... ps1 translations it's nice to know their snes versions are translated too.

Persona 3 is trash

Based.

Started and ended at 3. Every other Persona game is shit.

Attached: 282f94ae5a7a19a379e782909fa9b70667621653.png (1776x2045, 3.21M)

I wish I shared this enthusiasm. I find the world building of Innocent Sin to be decent but dear god these """dungeons""" are so uninspired and complete trash. 3 floors for every dungeon so far, 4 if we're feeling spicy. With fuckall in them. I've already seen 3 reskins of multiple demons by the time I've reached the idol concert barely 8 hours in. The persona grinding is incredibly lame. Cards don't have the same unique feel of creating a contract outright, and on top of that most of the fusable demons are utter trash. None of this matters because the game is so incredibly easy you can just beat it with your starters by spamming combo attacks and getting stat mutations out the ass.

6/10 game but I love the cast so I'll tolerate it for the sequel

Attached: ULUS10584_00050.jpg (1920x1080, 360.14K)

I always wondered the same thing. For the longest time, people on Any Forums were told to skip the first two. I agree that the first one is skippable, but 2 and its sequel are both great. Now there is the possibility that the first game's fan translation wasn't out at the time when these games started to get more popular (think around 2008 Any Forums) so it was easy to brush off P2 games since only its sequel got an English release. PSP port wasn't out until 2011 and it also sucks since it removed any difficulty of the original game, even if you play on "hard".

Persona ended at 3

Just finished og Persona 1 jap version. Holy hell, this game absolutely shits on all later persona games. Branching story line - both having good/bad ending, non-linearity towards finding and recruiting companions which also affect story dialogues, fully dynamic music, full 3D map, 3D first person dungeons with proper design and traps. The speed of movement or battles has not been an issue for decades since you can just tweak the speed with codebreaker or whatever and it matches the speed of PSP version 1:1.

Attached: 2022_08_06_23_23_37_973.jpg (1233x923, 152.04K)

IS is rough, but EP is much better and if it wasn't for the fact your turn order gets randomized each battle and you have to assign everyone it would be a good battle system.

Those story lines are also much more stripped down because of those options and your party members are the least relevant because the story has to account for half of them being optional. Also I genuinely like auto-battlers but one more/press turn is a huge step up, it goes from decent JRPG battle system to best battle system.