What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Attached: 1657243757391.jpg (1002x1000, 321.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H80kGTtFhvw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Being the best game in the trilogy? You play as a girl in it tho.

too many gimmick stages, felt like a nintendo game because it didn't focus on the game play and instead focused on variety of not very fun things to do

Nothing best crash game after 2

there's a fine line between a gimmick and a normal stage when the base game is so simple. I can kind of sympathize with them feeling like they needed to mix it up when you're just running forward on a straight path, they still went too far though.

Like 90% of the stages are gimmick stage. Crash 2 had the perfect balance between platforming and other "stuff". Crash 3 is like 4/5 stages had to be gimmick stages for some reason.

Based. Crash 2 is peak Crash. And it'll never be beat.

Attached: crash 2.jpg (1278x720, 160.79K)

Nothing except the airplane levels.

Naughty Dog stopped making games and moved on to making movies in 2007.
oh, we are talking about Crash Warped, i liked the jet ski levels, hated the underwater and the tiger levels

>i liked the jet ski levels
Nobody liked those levels. Stop being a contrarian.

tied with Crash 2 but it has Coco so it's instantly better

The only gimmick levels I absolutely hated were the underwater ones. The motorcycle levels would've been fine but four is just way too many, same with the jet ski even if one of those four is an actually pretty fun gimmick level. The plane levels were kind of eh too honestly but at least you only had two plus one extra race level.
Really the problem with Crash 3 is that there just wasn't any obvious direction to take the Crash 2 formula other than gimmicks. 2 had the benefit of being able to fix all the niggling issues of the original while making movement miles better, but 3 was doomed from the start to be a sidequel at best.

Attached: 1657535380652.jpg (931x760, 112.35K)

I wish there were more platform levels, instead of the jet ski levels, visiting those pirate ships that shoot at you.

Attached: coco bride.png (630x785, 467.69K)

too many ideas, not enough time to expand on them.

Crash 2 is the best but Crash 3 is still great
>too many gimmicks
Still a great game
2>3>4>Twinsanity>1>WoC

>Twinsanity
out

>2>3>4>Twinsanity>1>WoC
They only ever made 1 2 3 and CTR. I think you be thinking of some other property.

Attached: 1655333364121.jpg (969x2345, 143.57K)

What the fuck were those ps2 mutant riding games?

>Twinsanity is bad now
Get the fuck out of here with that shit, what's next, 5 years from now people are gonna look at Wrath of Cortex and say "it was ahead of its time"

Where have you been? That shit's been peddled for years now, ever since Crash 4 came out.

>now

Too many gimmick levels, the powerups weren't utilized enough at all. Only on some few bonus rounds.
Also while Time Trials are fun, it meant the levels were partly designed around them. Short dev time didn't help either.
Crash 3 has banger soundtrack tho(Even when Crash 2 has the best song in the franchise youtube.com/watch?v=H80kGTtFhvw )

Crash 2 is my fav, but I liked Crash 1 secrets/gem paths more than Crash 2 ones. I also liked the general atmosphere of Crash 1 more as well.
But otherwise Crash 2 is superior in every other way.

I also liked them, especially when you learned to go fast on them.

Attached: Cortex_Crash2&3.jpg (273x324, 21K)