What's harder to learn when making a game, art or programming?

What's harder to learn when making a game, art or programming?

Attached: 1644332163952.jpg (772x495, 121.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sf3uF0juIVI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Art you can comission it, programming you can just copy paste code, so neither.

This. The truth is that game dev/project management is harder than both, but for some reason if those disciplines are associated with "idea guys" so no one on this board or elsewhere wants to entertain the idea of "game design as a skill" outside of pop entertainment youtube essays.

Art by far.

Being a good coder helps, but you can brute force a lot of programming, which is why so much shit gets outsourced to india, and the truth is 99.9% of the audience isn't going to give a shit about your games spaghetti code if the game just fucking works as it should. Being a good artist is hard because almost everyone can spot shit art, and it takes a lot of practice on different things to just get to a decent level.

judging by prince of persia remake solely made by ubisoft india you can't just grind the art part but can grind the coding part

You're wasting your time with art. As long as it looks passable, people won't care how ugly your game is.

I'm learning programming. Going to start learning to draw soon as well. I'll let you know in a few weeks which is harder.

thisposting should be a bannable offense, its the Any Forums version of an upvote,

Attached: No fun.png (1280x1656, 1.25M)

this

Attached: 1644728760552.png (586x724, 260.49K)

this existed before upvotes zoomer

You can just pay a programmer minimum wage while slaving them to death for 18 hours a day while it costs $5000 to commission a shitty piece of line art from some lunatic online.

programming is more difficult, simply because it's harder to practice

kys

a brainlet wrote this

It actually didnt, you double zoomer.

holy dimwit

I actually find programming is really easy to practice and it's one of the things I like about it.

>Write some code
>Compile
>Run
>get immediate feedback on whether or not it worked as intended

Obviously you're going to get obscure bugs and weird corner cases, but for the most part, especially for learning the basics, you don't need any external feedback or critique. It just either works or does not, and if it doesn't work you can fiddle around until you understand the problem and can fix it.

holy dipshit

Coming from the programming perspective I think drawing his harder due to the physical coordination needed for execution. I assume that both follow a similar process that requires a decent amount of spatial intelligence: visualize what you are trying to make, break down your model into basic pieces that are individually easier to manage (developing this ability is what most of the learning and practice is) and then execute. Debugging is a pain but if you can fully visualize how a program would be constructed it's straightforward to make it. I can picture what a perfect circle looks like but that doesn't mean I can draw one.

I haven't improved in 2 years, i don't know why.
I even keep trying to do harder things and push myself

Attached: progress Copy censroed.jpg (8280x2610, 3.35M)

Programming.
I built my little program up using the wrong library and I have to clean this entire shit up again. I have to manually build that entire part from the ground up now. Painful.

Attached: 1649283935872.jpg (460x460, 22.8K)

People don't even learn the basics.
It wouldn't surprise me if most amateur devs don't even know the importance of overriding ToString() or what "operator overloading" is used for.

music

Attached: 367.jpg (832x1000, 65.6K)

I think when you evaluate
>art
>mechanics
>software ease of use
>music
the thing people have the lowest standards for is music

There is a spectrum in regards to capability. Art can be drawn by anyone, ranging from stick figures to renowned artists such as Picasso et al, whereas programming requires a certain level of intelligence for any proficiency. However, the practice of programming has a objectively and empirical optimum, while art is inherently subjective and its perception dictated by emotion. As such, popular and successful art is the most difficult to achieve, with a nonexistent entry barrier, with programming the intermediary.
To visualize
Art minimum -> Programming minimum -> Programming maximum -> Art maximum
That being said, I am in no way artistic and a professional programmer. Art is arcane to me.

Friendly reminder to Any Forums that eternal life is the free gift of God with no strings attached. If you want to receive it, live forever, and be 100% sure of going to heaven, watch this gospel video. Gospel means good news.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sf3uF0juIVI

Attached: bible way to heaven1.jpg (777x1177, 1.11M)

Illustration is a waste of time

Attached: funwithapencil.png (721x532, 289.49K)