A video game having an economy and trading isn't fun

A video game having an economy and trading isn't fun

Attached: 2021-03-26_09-02-28[1].png (985x699, 380.05K)

It's fun for some people. I know it's hard to swallow people for those who don't find that fun

Especially in an MMO. The last people you want running an economy are Korean farmers and stinky shut ins.

There are so many things that you could do with your time.
And you spend it playing vidya.

Attached: 1653571058717.png (640x480, 235.86K)

Attached: pills_stare.jpg (524x646, 114.85K)

what do you mean? you want a game where you cannot buy stuff?

you will be in your 40s before tes6 comes out

Ggfdggffgg

Low IQ Take
I can tell you'll be a wagey forever

I would argue that a MMO longevity is tied to it's economy
good economy = higher interaction = more longevity

Jacking it to grooming video game children is tranny shit and this board needs to do a better job shunning it.

you're right
better it's run by people with big noses

But I'm Jewish and I love being a merchant.

Attached: 1579899356534.png (560x407, 13.27K)

True. Maybe it's the type of vidya released in the past few years but im losing motivation for it all. I wouldn't give it up or wish I never started, but I need some other hobby that isn't reading and cooking.

IS fun as long it doesn't involve real money in any capacity.

the hardest pill to swallow for Any Forums that apparently will never be able to swallow it is
>people have different tastes, just because you dont like something, doesnt mean is bad or impossible to enjoy by others

A video game having a functional economy is the opposite of fun in practice. Rare items must be made so rare that its a waste of time playing the game to get them, and common items have to be gathered at industrial levels to have value.
Remove all central auction services, and shut down trading sites.

That works well enough until they turn you and get a new golem.

DELETE THIS

it's almost as if most people here were still in that age where you think the world spins around you
what was it? 8 years old?

I assume you're talking about games like path of exile. I agree, the drop rates being dogshit just because you can trade sucks ass. Games like space sims are fun a lot of the time because theres an economy you can fondle and squeeze like some sort of whore beast.

The size of the economy should be your social network, which provides financial incentives to form friendships and join guilds.
A global market shrinks the player's world. You have to pull the plug before its too late.

Im literally jewish.

economy gives a sense of people living.
otherwise you're just gonna end up wondering
"what do they eat?"
all the time.

Attached: file.png (1261x946, 1.07M)

the problem isn't having an economy, it's not having professions/skills
MMOs economy become shit because most high tier loot is locked behind drop rates, which only require whacking things. high tier loot should require the work of different classes/high level skills plus materials in order to create supply chains