Thoughts on vidya figma and figures in general?

thoughts on vidya figma and figures in general?

Attached: gsc12581_1_1626751857.jpg (1200x900, 87.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lb3N01lm6P8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they keep selling out because weebs and scalpers keep buying them all up. WHERE are all of the 3dprinting fags who thought their 3d printers could replace manufacturing? guess what, you can't. injection molding is just better.

Attached: 1646251379202.jpg (2048x2048, 418.25K)

Figma balls

absolutely the scalping is horrendous. If miss out on buying something at launch i forget about it and try not to cry for missing it

Figmas are good when it comes to super anime characters but immediately drop the ball on anything else

cool in japan where you can get 90-00s figures in bulk in akihabara for 40 cents each, idk about collecting stateside though unless you've sworn monastic vows.

>new figure announced
>release date 1 year from announcement
>this time I’ll surely remember
>forget
>Only ones left for sale are from Chinese scalpers on eBay
The cycle repeats for me every year

Attached: 89750F0D-4423-4CAE-A7DD-5A00D7C75956.gif (251x192, 67.4K)

If I was a kid or a packrat, I'd love amiibos. As it is, I just fake them.

Sekiro figma was okay
At least my Wolf face is not fucked up

Attached: 5637099fe495e853f8e62462e454539c.jpg (800x550, 123.91K)

It's for children.

dust collectors

Never understood the appeal of figures.

Cheap ones look like ass.
Jointed ones look like ass.
Expensive ones are expensive.
You basically buy them to just put on a shelf. I already have too much shit around to begin with.

I think if I ever wanted to decorate my rooms with some pop culture thing I just feel a poster is a better investment.

>Cheap ones look like ass.
that's why you save money for a quality product
>Jointed ones look like ass.
you have no taste
>Expensive ones are expensive.
>You basically buy them to just put on a shelf. I already have too much shit around to begin with.
Yes. We buy them, we display them, we take inspiration from them, we attain strength just from looking at them. I would die if had to go through Uni with nothing on my desk but the work i had to do, or without my girls looking at me from the shelve yelling "Ganbare user-kun!"
>I think if I ever wanted to decorate my rooms with some pop culture thing I just feel a poster is a better investment.
you do you, but nothing compares to high quality figures.

Nice looking, well made, and tasteful figures/statues of any series you have a personal attachment to are a nice decoration if you have the space. Like, instead of a poster you could mount a shelf in the same place and have a figure.

Figmas have gotten better but they're still not my preferred buyfaggotry item. Prime 3 Samus is very good though.

Attached: 8964d84bc6d690a5d6dcd49db2a372ba.png (550x800, 639.89K)

Amiibos piss me off because the prototypes made them look good and a decent alternative to a decent chunk of characters who would never get a figure otherwise and instead we got this shit youtube.com/watch?v=lb3N01lm6P8

Attached: peachdetail.jpg.jpg (1191x776, 322.54K)

Man you're pathetic, I hope this is bait. It's like a south american granny praying to a resin virgin Mary, only those have higher spiritual value and are way cheaper. Resolve comes from the soul, an external force won't help you go through. If you are going to display something, try some books or a plant or whatever. I say this as someone who owns a few gunplas and think they're cool, but there's way better room decor than Moe shit or mechas. It's like willingly having an RGB keyboard doing the rainbow shit show, get some sense of aesthetic, save up and you could either buy yourself some furniture or actually make your own. Minimalistic designs don't take much work.

grats you're not a consoomer

I'd like them more if it wasn't 200$ for 3$ worth of mass produced plastic.

I'd like to get some figmas to do fun animations but there aren't any figmas of characters I want. Trying to pose gunpla is a pain.

Attached: MoriT1212-1551680894674804736-img1.jpg (2730x4096, 735.1K)

what an absolute dogshit opinion

Fucking based buyfag

Amiibo is overpriced as fuck in my country You can almost buy used PS5 game with that price

Thank god homebrew exists so i don't have to buy these garbage just to unlock extra contents

>ganbare user-kun

Attached: E09555F4-95D7-4E83-9698-97162D3AF3AA.jpg (225x225, 9.23K)

It's hard to make a lot of them look presentable. I've been trying to downsize my collection. The good news is Japan has stopped releasing anything of interest to me.

Amiibo could've been cool if they focused on amiibo cards. They made a bunch of Animal Crossing ones and some others like Mario and Pokemon but it was a massively missed opportunity to not do Smash cards.