Is master quest good or is it just a meme?

Is master quest good or is it just a meme?

Attached: co4o5t.png (264x352, 32.26K)

It's just OOT.

people say its actually good so its probably just a meme

There is no good zelda game

if you like the varied dungeons in the game sure, but other than that it's not like you get the triforce or special weapons. That would have been pretty cool

It's ok it's just an actor swap rom hack

Master Quest is a dissapointment if you ask me. The only thing that's changed is the dungeons. Really would have liked to do see overworld changes too.

To elaborate on this I like it but like half the game is untouched so MQ feels unfinished.

You only really get the full value if you've played OoT, but not TOO recently. Very specific, but then again it was mostly meant as a bonus for people a few years out of OoT, so it accomplishes that goal pretty well.

it's better than the original in a lot of ways.
tougher enemies sooner rather than later.
the puzzles push the limits of the engine and play tricks on you the player, (i.e. they're puzzling).
the dungeons are shorter, top heavy experiences, where half the dungeon is extra to obtain optional golden skulltulas.

-harder challenges
-shorter dungeons
-averages the same playtime

Kid dungeons are all good.
Forest is good but is bullshit with the door of time blocks
Fire and Water suck and half of them are optional
Shadow is more or less the same
Spirit is great.

Its essentially a remix romhack.
But unlike romhacks its done by a studio of professionals, meaning it almost stretches to all aspects of the dungeons, better puzzles, more weird 3D platforming, map is more useful to navigate the dungeons as a 3D puzzle.
Its also NOT janky, unlike fan romhacks that try to do the same. Nor does it suffer from being halfway done or incomplete.

But its also a remix romhack.
That means you need to possess some foreknowledge to deal with it. But its not "sequence break via glitches to play the game normally" randomizer tier.

Attached: Fun_allowed_Kemono.jpg (901x1107, 123.51K)

enemies are still easy since AI that basic is hard to tune but the dungeons are redone into actual valve-esque puzzles. it's not bad for a remake.

It's actually good especially if you're like me and beat the original several times

master quest is a treat

The only really niche thing you have to do is Hookshot over to the kid side of the Spirit Temple as an adult right? I don't recall but I feel like MQ required it for something.

>Nor does it suffer from being halfway done or incomplete.

I just argued against this since only the dungeons are touched and stuff with the overworld is not touched.

>Its also NOT janky, unlike fan romhacks that try to do the same. Nor does it suffer from being halfway done or incomplete.
LOLLLL

MQ is WORSE than romhacks in this regard lmaoo

It's basically the same game, but dungeons are rearranged to be more difficult. The cow switches in Jabu-Jabu's belly were peak soul

Attached: Cows-Jabu-Jabus-Belly-3.png (868x493, 238.46K)

>But unlike romhacks its done by a studio of professionals
I'm not sure I'd call a bunch of SNES devs scrambling to cobble together a 3D game "professionals" as it'd be understood in the conventional sense today

>better puzzles, more weird 3D platforming, map is more useful to navigate the dungeons as a 3D puzzle.
That's being a bit too generous like you said it's just a remix rom hack even if it's by studio professionals it's not exactly neuron activating when half the dungeons have cow switches

The fuck are you on about
Some dungeons had very few changes, some were made easier. Shit like cows were just shoved into walls.

>"Hey, what if we like, tweak the dungeons a little"
>Genius!
>That'll be 59.99 plus taxes!
>Only on Nintendo

>faggots cannot help but spoil some puzzles for the newcomer when discussing the game among themselves
weak and gay

the kid dungeons are great, they use new mechanics that were never used in oot, but the adult dungeons don't have anything new to them other than shuffled puzzles, some puzzles were made just to waste your time, and enemies are harder, but zeldas combat is not deep enough for that to matter, you just have to hit more times

at the time pretty sure i got this for 10 bucks at gamestop used

They didn't add in a jetpack or chicken raising sidegame, either. That doesn't mean it's unfinished, it just wasn't in the scope of what they were making.

no, but maybe a new weapon or maybe scripting young link to use adult link weapons in some scenarios could have been cool or maybe a secret dungeon? It is called "master quest" after all.

I don't feel like this is accurate when the original master quest actually does do these things. It definitely comes off as unfinished. And it was literally unfinished. I imagine if the project wasn't cancelled we would have gotten overworld differences.

Some dungeons are wild. You can finish fire temple in 10 minutes with one simple trick.

What are the differences between the official Master Quest and Master Quest Redux?