Steam Deck

Why won't they just sell it in stores?

Attached: vpavic_220210_5030_0054_square_steam_deck (4).jpg (1360x1360, 221.14K)

they can barely keep up with demand just selling them on steam

too niche

Fucking thing isn't comfortable at all for any action games. Had the same problem with Switch, too. I'm done with handhelds. It's like VR. They're meme trash but I desperately want them to be good.

I'm so fucking tired of them not selling any of their hardware outside the EU. How hard can it be?

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dealing with retailers is really hard

4c8t just why?
6c6t would have been enough

any ‘ick on ‘eckers?

6C/6T takes up more die space than 4C/8T.

It would also mean PS3 and switch emulation.
And it would still have a chance with UE5

it's much, much better than Switch but I agree it's not ideal. DMC3 on Switch is a pain to play but DMC5 on Deck is reasonably comfy for me. I've got big hands though so that might be a factor, I find switch too cramped

Explain

Because retailers take like a 20% cut and the thing is already 1/3rd the price of its competitors, they would bleed momey

Steamdeck is a cult niche experiment by valve. Given their track record they'll ditch it in 5 years. Like Google these tech companies have terrible management

switch emulation is decent from what I've tested so far, Metroid Dread and SMTV play at full frame rate. Luigi's Mansion 3 has heavy artifacting but I get that on desktop too.

I thought the whole point of UE5 was all the LOD is handled automatically by the engine, that should allow UE5 games to scale to shit like the deck and switch easily

What are they going to "ditch"? SteamOS? Whice they've been working on for seven years already?

T-The deck... B-Because i-it's m-mean to d-daddy nintendo...

Consoletards think the Deck will stop getting games if Valve stops supporting it, not realizing it is literally just a PC.

>Why won't they just sell it in stores?
why would they? They literally can't even keep up with their current demand of preorders.

>implying the deck will run next gen games in a couple of years decently
Heh

And open themselves up to the same scalping problem that PS5 has? Why would they want to do that?

GPUs from 2012 can still run AAA games reasonably well. The Deck can easily have a longer lifespan than any console depending on what you play.

If you still give a shit about the latest AAA sloppa at this point you're a lost cause.

Except there's nothing to ditch here. It's a portable PC. Even if they were to stop making the deck itself, it's still running on Steam is, which they have proven that they're still supporting. As long as Steam is is still supported, the deck has support. This isn't anything close to Google's little experiments like their AR glasses or other shit where everything is proprietary and hyper specific to the device itself.

It's not even good at running previous gen games either kek, emulation on that thing is terrible for anything released in the last decade for the value you get out of it