We should have executed everyone who insisted for years that "Microtransactions are fine so long as they're just...

We should have executed everyone who insisted for years that "Microtransactions are fine so long as they're just cosmetic" back before it was too late.

Attached: g.png (1187x789, 2.42M)

based, completely agree

What are you, poor?

stop playing mobile games lol

Remember when microtransactions were supposed to be, you know, micro?

Why didn't we listen?

Attached: g.png (973x663, 1.59M)

We did, but were powerless to stop it

/an/ thread?

I've been saying Oblivion is shit for thirteen years now. I've been laughing at anybody playing a Bethesda "role playing game" for longer than that. If more people just laughed their products out of the board and let them die after Fallout 3 then we honestly would be much better off.

>my poor friends appreciating my beauty

Attached: 5.jpg (1367x1920, 430.86K)

Cosmetic microtransactions are only acceptable in free games. that's my current stance.
And if the game was ever paid for, it doesn't qualify for that. So games like TF2 and PUBG going free to play are cancer.
Really it's the scummiest tactic there is. Get the people who actually care enough to buy the game full price, wait a year until sales are next to nothing, then make it free but all the paid people have to deal with microtransactions now. Valve started it.

Fuck people who say cosmetics don't matter. If I don't like how my guy looks what's the fucking point? I wanna look cool not like some fuckin default David

Back in WoW, if I saw someone wearing powerful armor or with a great weapon, I knew they got it through playing the game a bunch. Now I'd just assume any cool-looking cosmetic was bought with real money. I feel nothing looking at armor in online games knowing that you can just buy it.

If it can be bought with money, it literally doesn't matter how cool it looks. As far as I'm concerned you might as well be wearing a white t-shirt that says "I spent $___ on this t-shirt" with the amount in the blank.

Attached: 835508.jpg (4806x1900, 1006.56K)

The funny part is when devs make you pay them money for the privilege to grind out skins on a fucking battlepass. How fucking retarded is the average consumer?

The slippery slope is real, who knew!

Attached: 1570811133991.jpg (1280x1024, 264.08K)

just play older games, bruh. There are already far more good games released than you could play in a lifetime, and private servers for online games are a thing as well

Lol retard

What older MMOs have the most active private servers?

haha, his name is coomer

Attached: 2022-08-06 16_17_50-.png (863x867, 304.13K)

if only you knew how bad things really are

Attached: 1635873387281.jpg (1279x1303, 783.53K)

>ywn see what's inside the coom locker
why even live

Attached: 1560037602190.gif (104x152, 303.92K)

The coom in your imagination is always better