Why haven't any other games made use of a gambit like system?

Why haven't any other games made use of a gambit like system?

Attached: healing-gambit.jpg (1000x562, 135.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bK6kBsGNv60
twitter.com/AnonBabble

zoomers are too dumb for this

Some Tales have a Gambit system. FFXII's A.I is still much better tho.

because at the time people threw a fucking hissy fit over the game "playing itself" so now we get xenoblade ai forever instead of actually being able to tell the ai to actually play in a competent manner

DA: Origins implemented a tactics system like that without turning the game into an auto play.

Yeah no
A game not made for retards can't be automated in any significant way
If there is a part that should be automated, cut it

there are a couple western rpgs with stuff like them: dragon age origins is very similar, pillars of eternity 2 more recently

the real reason few other games have something like this is it takes a particular kind of turbosperg to enjoy setting them up and most people would rather just play with braindead ai that doesn't work half the time. lowest common denominator

Pillars of Eternity 2 has a robust AI programming system. If you are willing to give some time to learn the system and it's quirks you can make the whole game play itself even on highest difficulty(path of the damned).

>If there is a part that should be automated, cut it
Literally every game since Pacman has automation

I always get intimidated when playing IZJS, how do I make sure I don't mess up my job combos?
Do I just make sure to appeal to each characters strengths/stats? Are my job choices reversible? I'm gonna play it again as soon as I get my steam deck but I would hate to get 60 hours into this game and then be forced to play with garbage job choices because I'm a literal 20 IQ goblin

Attached: no confidence.jpg (1024x971, 161.49K)

It doesn't really matter, the game is crazy balanced that its hard to fuck up. The job system was badly tacked on, its why they kept making changes to it every time the game got ported.

>IZJS
Just play Zodiac Age, they eventually let you pick and chose jobs at any time.

You would they they would seeing as current reviewers want games to play themselves.

IZJS is the PS2 version. Only one job per character.
The newest updated version of Zodiac Age lets you reset your job at any time by talking to Montblanc.

>have the game play itself so you don't have to make any of those pesky decisions
zoomers would love this

Not for player input.

I'd pay to have that system in all jrpgs where the other members are controlled by AI, e.g. tales games.
It really was ahead of its time.
SAO Lycoris recently attempted it with a system that automatically creates behaviours based on how you play, but it only ended up being a complete broken clusterfuck.

Attached: lycoris.jpg (1366x768, 188.9K)

I like how DQXI did it with a bunch of auto-battle settings you can apply to each party member individually or all at once. Really makes grinding more bearable when the only button inputs I do manually are to steal items.

XII A.I is good, and it's up to you to use it or not. Also you can customize and make perfect builds with it.
Xenoblade and Tales have bad A.I and it shows.

Except you make the decisions as to what gambits you use? I don't understand your post

This is the dumbest fucking post I've read in a while.

Gambits are ok but it's even better to just have control over all your characters like FF7Remake.

Think about Disgaea 6, they introduced customizable character AI as a major new feature but then nobody cared because it's a turn based game and it's better to just command all your characters yourself.

Very interesting. Sucks it didn't work out. Couldn't you manually fine tune it though? Why was it broken?

The point of the game is to actually build the Gambits by yourself. That's the gameplay of XII.
Also it's not like the game plays by itself besides the automated battles (that's up to you to use it or not).
Licenses must be unlocked, equipment and magick must be bought or found in enemies and dungeons. How is it playing by itself meme remotely true?

Because it's fun but not in the way JRPG fags want so we can't have that anymore

Nobody cared about Disgaea 6 because it looks like ass and the game just plays itself. youtube.com/watch?v=bK6kBsGNv60

I wish these games had Gambits so bad. The biggest flaw is that every character that you not currently playing as is retarded.

Forgot pic

Attached: 776A9A27-ECAB-48E7-A6F1-BD281B2BE523.jpg (4000x1655, 1.47M)

PoE2 has a gambit-like system that feels a lot more customizable

gambiteez nuts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHHAAHAHA

Attached: 1659815186148.png (807x612, 694.23K)

If you aren't playing zodiac age but IZJS instead, it's pretty hard to screw up job selections. There is no trinity system, an archer can eat hits just like a knight could. Obviously some characters are better suited for certain jobs due to their stat distribution, but all the harder stuff in the game is more about setting up gambits properly and grinding levels or for bazaar gear.