Was petitioning to get Digimon games released in the rest really worth it when all they've released since then is...

Was petitioning to get Digimon games released in the rest really worth it when all they've released since then is complete garbage?

Attached: nudigimon games.png (682x850, 1.34M)

Next Order was good and a long awaited return to the roots of Digimon World. It suffered from being a Vita game, though.

What makes a digimon game good?
I've played some PS1 game, and the browser one back in 2000.

What are they even fucking up?

>Next Order was good
It's the worst World style game of the 3 that were made.

Exploration and environment design is something digimon has something Digimon has been sucking at for a while. Also, none of the story games have fun fighting.

Honestly this, what killed Next Order for me was how boring crafting was and how boring it was to recruit digimon. Either give them items or battle them, that's it.

Attached: 1652443237725.jpg (640x1104, 125.28K)

So they've gone and turned into some super streamlined mess of an RPG with a basic or unintuitive battle system full of brain dead battles?

I looked it up, all these games are developed by different studios. No wonder nothing is consistence or good then.

The DS games were just kind of nothing there were lanes but I had no idea what you needed to do to be good at it. CS and HM had the most basic combat ever with an element system slapped on. It was very because of that, and all the bosses were just damage-sponges you need a digimon with defense ignoring attack to deal with in a timely manner.

It's not illegal to have bad opinions, but you're damned lucky that's the case. There were also more than 3, pleb.

>There were also more than 3
no there weren't

>Hacker's Memory is the one with the least amount of mainstream anime reps on the cover
>also the best game of the four by leaps and bounds
thinker.jpg

But it has two, Survive only has one.

Next order is amazing and has a great soundtrack. You just don't understand it

In fairness, Survive was always meant to be a side thing. They've been making Cyber Sleuth 2 all this time but then Covid hit and derailed their plans so hard that they had to refocus their efforts on just releasing Survive first.

Habu's plan was always to have the Digimon Story series be the "main" line of games since it was always the most successful, while also releasing smaller and more niche side projects like sequels to the original Digimon World and Digimon Survive which would offer more unusual experiences.

Survive has Agumon FRONT AND CENTER
It's disqualified

All modern Digimon games are made for boomers who grew up with the original Digimon Adventure and only know those specific Digimon. While you'll always have Genwunners in the fandoms for franchises like this, the difference with Digimon is that the overwhelming majority of the consumers are Genwunners. It's all just marketing. It's the only way to get normalfags to touch these games.

>also the best game of the four by leaps and bounds
Its the best; but it barely feels better than CS. It was barely worth playing after I already spent so much time with CS systems

Attached: 60f984e816863686e68bbd08add2c323e85cd24c26d0ae344dc55a68f5ee085c.jpg (800x1131, 714.91K)

>best girl was a guy

how'd they do it

Attached: k.png (665x897, 905.85K)

Was he gay or just really, really awkward?

kinda both? there were options to hit on him but he would think your kidding or get flustered and move on.

yes

I don't really like HerakleKabuterimon X that much, I think design was the vanilla version is way better, but I kinda wish it was in Hacker's Memory because I feel like it suits the protagonist.

But I liked Cyber Sleuth. Not sure why Any Forums became hyper negative about it, but I still had fun with the game, flaws and all.

Well it's a fairly budget Vita title, so there's that. It doesn't LOOK great. Also, mechanically, it has a lot of flaws. I really wish they'd stop relying on the Virus/Data/Vaccine rock-paper-scissors shit, it does not work for games. You can't built an entire game's balance on fucking rock-paper-scissors, it dramatically oversimplifies everything way too fucking hard. Fighting a Virus enemy? Bring Vaccines. Fighting Data enemies? Bring Virus. Are there two Viruses and a Data? Focus on the Data first with a team of Viruses and then switch out the Viruses with Vaccines. The only time things get slightly interesting is when the enemy party has all three types, but that doesn't happen very often.