Why would i play a game on hard when it greatly increases the chances of me losing...

Why would i play a game on hard when it greatly increases the chances of me losing? and yes losing is a bad thing you play games to feel good about yourself not to lose and hate yourself for it and yes you should hate yourself for losing even once

Attached: 5dc3e96a46177c55a8517092.jpg (1080x1080, 312.46K)

ITT zoomer is baffled by the idea that challenge and stakes creates a more rewarding feeling upon succeeding, because his generation has never experienced that.

im 35 im not a zoomer and who cares how rewarding it feels if you feel like shit the entire time you are trying to succeed cause you keep failing?

Oh, well then thats kind of just pathetic then.

how is it pathetic? what am i supposed to do when i fail lie to myself and say it doesnt make me a bad person?

I wasn't even sure what the hard mode for this game was so I just picked Jedi Master.

babbys dark souls play real games

I saw the tags for this game called it a "Souls-like."

If you hate yourself for losing in a video game, then you've got bigger problems that will inevitably lead you to kill yourself. Why drag it out?

you
need
to
always
hate
yourself

I played it on the highest difficulty and all i can recommend you is to only turn up the difficulty for the inquisitor fights and unironically leave it on story the rest of the game. They're the only fight that actually benefits from higher healthbars/more damage

honestly the only time i'd like more damage from enemies is the boss fights, i could never keep track of the animations on the big fuck claw bois because motion blur is still on even with it off

Don't fail then. I feel great about myself. Simple as

i don't cause i don't play games on hard just normal cause easy is for fucking LOSERS

Nigga how? The difficulty selection is completely transparent about it. The harder the difficulty the narrower the parry window, enemies are more aggressive with their attack patterns, and deal more damage.

>higher healthbars
Health is the same on every difficulty, as is your damage.

28 here, hope you understand there are many different kinds of difficulty increases. The most hated are numerical ones, where enemies get stronger by the numbers, hitting harder and takeing less damage. Actively changing enemy locations and types feels like you've earned more content by confirming your skills with this activity you're enjoying. Your welcome.

Attached: 2663838_maclunkey2012_retro-samus-kick_69.png (1304x2015, 3.53M)

Seriously this, I haven't played the game op posted but in the game I'm obsessed with lately, civ6, the difficulties of prince and below are waaaay too boring, there's no challenge at all winning a game on king-diety feels so much better because victory wasn't just handed to me.

If there is no threat of losing, then there is no need to master or even properly think about the game mechanics and strategies -> you end up playing on autopilot mode and get bored, unless there is some other very special hook like exceptionally good plot to keep you going forward (and there extremely rarely is). And even then, better to have engaging gameplay AND the story as motivators.

People play games for different reasons, user. Just because you play it to feel empowered because your life sucks and you're weak doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat as you.

i only play on hard if a game is too easy where its not fun. i play for fun not autism. easy is usually the most fun mode, maybe normal, rarely hard