Buy spooky game that looks interesting

>buy spooky game that looks interesting
>it's pretty good
>until it suddenly turns into being about a girl with mental issues
>refunded
why is that trope in 90% of indie games?

Attached: 20220727160629_1.jpg (975x583, 89.87K)

Because people think that having depression makes you deep, unique, and introspective when it's actually the opposite. Depression is a state of weakness that impedes one on their quest for self-actualization.

Any spooky coop game to play with my loving sis?

phasmophobia

did the title not tip you off or what

because most indie devs are uncreative hacks.

kys (kiss your sister)

Attached: Do it!.png (547x511, 154.84K)

For me, it's when a really good spooky game is ruined by throwing in creepy pasta shit for no reason.

I always feel like it's a cop out when a horror game goes with the "it was a dream" or "it's all in your head" explanation, for me it invalidates everything I've gone through playing it.

Attached: 1641934139919.jpg (636x591, 140.87K)

there is only so much crazy stuff a horror game can do in a "real world" setting

Most games I've played with this plot point could've made it work, the genre is already full of "why didn't they call the cops/leave/bring weapons/bring a phone/etc." plot holes.

Because ghosts don't exist, silly.

The horror genre is for women, that's why.

>he doesn't believe in ghosts or the paranormal
ngmi

Attached: AVT_Zak-Bagans_9507.jpg (300x300, 8.89K)

Every day

horror is never set in the "real world" because monsters and ghosts don't really exist, user-kun.

I know 2 people who played this and told me to play it after it was given away on EGS just because two people from sleepycast/oneyplays are VA. The game stops being anything near a horror game after the super market, its just a shitty shooter

Interesting opinion, user. Don't come looking for help when your cumsock becomes haunted.

Nah bro the truth is stranger than fiction. Dreams and dimensions are lazy plot devices

Go to bed Mike Stoklasa

Simple answer is silent hill 2. The game ruined its own series and most other horror games because they all want to be silent hill 2 too, but other games end up poorly copying it.

When will you faggots stop moaning about psychological horror? People like it and find value in stories like that, fuck off and go play RE or something.