In your own words, why don't you like Eternal?

In your own words, why don't you like Eternal?

Attached: DOOM-Eternal_KeyArt_3_1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.5M)

> Called Eternal, can't play it forever
Gee user I wonder why?

But I do

Too much fun

Marauders are poorly designed enemies, don't know why retards here just say "get good" as though the problem is that I can't kill them, the problem is they're anti-fun

I wish I could turn off the canned animations because they break the flow of the game too much. I also wish I could turn off enemy weakpoints, especially the Arcanid's turret which I feel is one of their best attacks that I keep accidentally stopping them from using or the one hit kills on pain elementals/cacodemons. Or the immediate staggers on the larger demons with the chaingun.

I don't like area combat with small groups of enemies spawning in. It makes combat feel like an endurance challenge and wears out it's welcome when not used sparingly. I thought Eternal's weapons and powers and combos and flow would make me like it more, and it worked for a while, but still got tiresome. I stopped playing halfway.

It's not Doom.

cringe infused A.D.D game for babbys

I only like shitty videogames, so Doom Eternal wasn't for me

its gameplay is too involved with animations and setpieces in my opinion. i loved doom 2016 but i can't really seem to enjoy eternal as much even though ive somehow managed to play eternal longer. i strongly dislike the platforming sections, i dont even hate first person platforming and quite enjoy it even in games like duke nukem 3d and yet these just feel particularly uninspired. wall climbing is terrible but its used in every opportunity possible. however the actual enemy arenas are more fun and challenging so i dont know how to really feel. i definitely still like eternal but it doesn't connect with me as well as 2016. and that said i also think 2016 is with flaws because i am a big fan of the originals and cannot say i think its a perfect direction to take the series but this is genuinely one of the most consistently good franchises out there and for what it was 2016 was simply phenominal

Attached: 1658871134479.png (867x1146, 2.04M)

Another way to put it is: I like my FPSes to have significant amounts of exploration and resource management (cooldowns don't count) and Eternal doesn't have enough of either. And even for it's own style, when it comes to arena combat vs waves of enemies, Serious Sam FE and SE are still the champs IMO.

Ruins the flow of the game. First game is like going down a waterslide, and Eternal is like going down a waterslide with dry sections.

But it's epic like MetaDoom!?

I think the "small groups" part is what really harms Eternal and 2016. This is an issue I've occasionally also had with Painkiller where it sometimes feels you can out-kill the enemy wave spawns but I've always had in both Eternal/2016 where I wish it spawned far more enemies than it has instead of staggering them in smaller waves. I feel this type of game lives and dies on the size of the hordes and Eternal can't put out.

Because I could play this instead.

Attached: mech.webm (768x400, 2.91M)

BING BING WAHOO

NAMENOW

Don't like being forced to juggle between abilities and weapons constantly. Just give me more dakka with good level design in my FPS.

Those ragdolls are clearly Painkiller.

I like Doom 3.

Attached: 0000002388.1920x1080.jpg (1024x768, 158.27K)