How do we get rid of Ubisoft maps?

How do we get rid of Ubisoft maps?

Attached: EINkbNw.jpg (3840x2160, 882.23K)

It's virtually impossible to implement a big open world without making an ubisoft map or a GTA V map (in which half of the map is an empty desert). Ubishit might have 200k employees but only 3 are making shitty interiors for two or three buildings

Kingdom come and Elden ring beg to differ.

oh yeah I forgot to mention the "big empty open world with enemies sprinkled in" kind of map

>t. never played kingdom come

They’re both dense and actually not that large, compare them to something like BOTW which actually has giant open spaces full of nothing.

dont make it so big or spend countless hours filling the huge space with things I want to do

Attached: 1651521760846.png (1006x839, 247.37K)

Yes, Kingdom come deliverance is my favorite From game.

KC:D feels like a real world. Because it is a real world. Everything is organic and walkable in a day (ingame) because, that's how actual cities and villages developed. And if you have a horse, you can go very far very fast. Everything also has a real point to exist, no space feels wasted in the sense that it's just there to fill in space. Even the wilderness is useful since it contains herbs and flowers and, of course, huntable animals.

It also has best fast travel. no teleporting nonsense. Just immersion.

Attached: 7735.jpg (1920x1080, 647.68K)

>:D
you need to go back

Elden Ring has a lot of shitty caves with copy paste bosses.

I have never understood how Ubisoft, R*, whatever company can have so many employees and pour so much money into these massive open world games while completely ignoring and not caring about buildings
Look at MGSV, massive open world but every "house" is just a box with a table.

Attached: 1635477976981.jpg (4096x4096, 280.51K)

What would you prefer?

there's plenty of good interiors in mgs5 but yeah generally speaking they dont model buildings at all

Turn off the HUD markers an experience the world organically. Wow, that was easy!

It's kinda cheating because they basically 1-1 recreated that part of 1400s Czechia
i think Prototype did that back in the day which was partially why it worked well

Elden Ring solced the genre

Attached: Elden Ring Panorama.jpg (1920x1075, 363.3K)

huh?

Attached: morrowind map.png (1665x1728, 2.77M)

Can't wait to play Tamriel Rebuilt in 2065

have you faggots been outside of your house/big city before? The real open world is empty as fuck as well.

why the fuck would i want video games to reflect how awful, dreary and soulless real life is

Attached: 1654620096196.jpg (307x310, 11.29K)

BotW already fixed it in 2017.

Attached: 1623782593937.jpg (613x1000, 499.4K)

Shame that cryengine sucks absolute cock for games like these. They really tried to make it work though and it shows

>Dense maps are completed to quickly
>Dense usually means the same activities spread out through the map, becoming meaningless
A mix between the two is best. The bethesda open worlds seem to have a good balance. Any game going for realism can't be dense because reality is not that dense.

botw is literally a ubisoft game with a zelda skin

Kingdom Come has surplanted Alpha Protocol as the "extremely bland and mediocre game that Any Forums pretends is a masterpiece"