People say its woke

>people say its woke
>go in expecting hades to be the big bad who ruined everything and the mother whos a saint and never wrong
>its actually a wholesome story about family and love, and other gods being dicks
Why did you lie to me Any Forums?

Attached: 1628731568907.png (1600x800, 1.22M)

You don't get it. There are gay characters, user. GAY!

>ancient greeks were gay
Whao, what sacrilege to even insinuate that
On that note, just saw you can buy a poster of Aphrodite for your room. Lmao, based zag

Absolute fucking retards who are terminally on here cried like fucking faggots because there's gay shit in it, it's a fucking greek tale, you can bang men and women in it and both don't care when you do, fucking pathetic the reaction it got from Any Forums newfags
also a few of the gods were changed to be non white which pissed off the Any Forums reddit tourists

The whole greek gay thing is incredibly overplayed historically. Out of the 40,000 vases and frescos and such that have been discovered, something like 30 of them had gay shit in them which were propped up by woke academics to claim they were ultra gay, were ultra gay or something, when really gays were pressed into the mud as a form of execution.

Medusa's storyline was painfully woke just in an atypical way.

Is it possible to earn the rewards on lower heat levels without actually lowering the heat?

It mostly boils down to aesthetic choice, the Greek Pantheon is full of niggas and every female character is ugly.
It doesn't bring the game down in my opinion though.

Kill yourself you drooling fucking retard

It depended on the city state. Some city states didn't tolerate gay shit, others like Thebes were faggy as fuck. The Sacred Band came from Thebes for instance.

It isn't the gayness, it's the black and brownwashing. Compare certain characters with the pic below of a modern Greek, with some reasonable ancient heritage:

Attached: GreekLookingUpAtAncientAncestor.jpg (602x537, 43.04K)

Any Forums was mad that they made some of the gods dark skinned

But user! There are dark skinned gods!

It is woke but one of the exception from the go woke, go broke. Its hilarous how a woke product can be good when they focus on the character themselves and the gameplay design

Well, they didn't let their wokeness affect the gaming aspect of the game.
It's pretty short though, it only takes like 30 attempts to finish the main storyline and you don't even have to fight the last boss the last time.

it's because Any Forums has shit taste and brain damage as usual. at least try to criticize the gameplay, not the fact that the presence of a black video game put you into a crisis.

What is called having a tan? Besides, for some they leaned into the actual mythology of the gods. Like Athena's connection to bronze had Supergiant make it look like she was made of it herself.

Whats the best weapon and why is it the shield?

I'm with the shield too, blocking trivializes most boss fights; especially the last one.

For me, its the absolute ass rape you give to the creeps when you pin them against the wall

>is that.. one black significant character (an olympian god), like one maybe two black, mostly unsubstantial side characters, and Zeus which actually has his screen covered in something which i forgot and isn't actually black, specially evident by his eyes??? i'm going insane, save me from these horrid beasts, crackerman
i don't get how you fucks even manage to enjoy videogames if you look at hades and think its pozzed

aspect of rama on the bow kind of trivialized 32 heat for me, i'm gonna have to go with that

Idk, it has white characters with weird skin and Zagreus can be gay or some shit so it's super woke or something. The honest criticism is that the combat isn't anything incredible and it's yet another case of a roguelite outdone by Nuclear Throne and Isaac. Not necessarily irredeemable garbage but there's other games that I'll play to scratch the same itch but better

And he's not even black, hes iron.

It's been a while since I touched this but I remember bounce shield being stupid, (default?) fists being really good, and one spear layout absolutely trivializing the game (granted you get the 1 or 2 boons to have it take off).

Attached: Capitalization error.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

This is Darren korb, supergiants composer. Consider that the entire office looks as gay or gayer than this man. Considering that supergiant is very reserved in their politic pushing in games.

Attached: Darren_Korb_GDC_2012.jpg (648x864, 241.87K)

The little ones aren't much of a threat, though it is fun to do that.
But I usually picked the upgrade that removed knockback when it appeared, since bosses are the only thing that might kill you.

Is that the 4th aspect? I only played the game until the credits.

I've read that the main character could be gay but it never came about in my playthough, I guess you had to give lots of nectar to dudes or something?

Right, the auto-spear with long range wrecked absolutely everything from farther than the ranged weapons.
The 4th spear with spin attack upgrades also wrecked all kinds of shit.

Obviously it shouldn't be any but the only two that are pretty egregious are Athena and Eurydice. Athena's design is just genuine dogshit, her face is horribly ugly, she's incredibly black and they picked about the worst possible shade of blue for her hair. Eurydice is so stereotypical looking with her giant afro and pose while clearly trying to be a sassy black woman that it's just irritating. Dionysus is also "black" but the way he's drawn and his characterization make it impossible for me to hate him. Theseus just looks very darkly tanned since he otherwise has blonde hair and blue eyes.
Patroclus being black isn't so much the issue but failing to understand the relationship Achilles and Patroclus had in the original story is annoying. It'd be like making Gilgamesh and Enkidu lovers; it just doesn't make any sense and you lose a lot by reducing their comradery and friendship to a romantic relationship.

>get spear
>get top tier spear bounce from the hammer upgrade
>Poseidon special
>all the Poseidon boosts to rupture and wall slam
>chuck a spear at someone
>half the level cleared instantly in an explosion of water
quench your motherfucking thirst

Dionysus is clearly some Mediterranean Greek shit like an actually handsome Geo Godley