Apologize

Apologize.

Attached: shollister_191126_steam_controller_103959__2_.jpg (1200x600, 139.85K)

Is it a good controller? My 360 controller won't last forever.

Attached: x1mriv8u9ae91.png (680x675, 511.7K)

No. It is and has always been a very poorly designed controller.
It needs a second thumbstick, and that's the bare minimum.

Daddy taught us not to be ashamed of our decks, since they're such good size and all

Not really. It's a terrible replacement for a 360/Xbone Controller.

It's the last controller you'll ever get. It does everything better than every other controller ever made, and is endlessly customizable.

I'm sorry and thank you.

Steam Controllers crawled so Steam Input could run. So the Steam Deck could fly.
Now where the fuck is SC2?

What does a Steam controller have over an old Xbox 360 controller?

Absolutely not. It's an experimental piece of tech, with a few cool features.

-The buttons are too small and in an odd place which makes them really uncomfortable to use if you're used to an Xbox/PS button layout.
-The touchpads creak like hell.
-The gamepad feels cheap
- Weird concave shape

Its uncomfortable to hold and use unless you just use the touchpads. There's a reason why they gave this gamepad away for 5 €/$, apart from a niche audience and use nobody used this. It can do cool shit with gyro and touchpads and racing games and flying sims seem be a good application for it but if you mostly play platformers, 2D games or you just want regular controls this isn't it.

>Thumbstick in steam controller is failing
>Running recalibration sort of fixed it, but it's only a matter of time before it's in too poor condition to use any more

Attached: time to schet.png (835x563, 31.62K)

chang is seething

Another Valve failure, will they ever get hardware right?

Your circles felt flimsy and were loud and clunky to press, you made my thumbs get too close together to play basic games, and I wish you had a normal D-pad.

Attached: Russell-Harvard-There-Will-Be-Blood.jpg (600x390, 28.29K)

>no argument
>hurr durr

I won. Just admit defeat.

It is but it's unusual to say the least (right track pad is a mouse by default, which means it works out of the box with nearly all PC games). It does require that Steam or a program to "translate" the Steam Controller to Xinput or else input gets registered bizarrely (like PgUp being mapped for pressing left, etc).

Fuck, I have a Steam Deck and I want one of these for my desktop but they're impossible to find at a reasonable price, I have been spoiled by the trackpads and there's no way I can ever go back to any other standard controller.

Wait for the inevitable Steam Controller 2 based on the Steam Deck layout. The Steam Controller was innovative but was meant more as a means to better play PC-centric M+KB titles like competitive FPS or RTS from a couch and less as an "all-in-one" controller. The added D-Pad and second analog stick on the Deck gives it the versatility needed to handle nearly every genre without compromise.

Native mouse input. It registers as a mouse as well as a controller, as all PC controllers frankly should do. Means that any PC game can use a controller if you honestly want to. Don't think it is worth thr price people want for them nowadays but it's a good controller.

The TouchPads definitely do not creak. They provide vibration feedback (can be disabled) but that's it. I own two and use them regularly.

what kind of retard buys it to be a xbone replacement
do steam controller shit with it, and it's a far superior controller

It's ugly.