What's the best Armored Core game? I've never played any of them before

What's the best Armored Core game? I've never played any of them before.

Attached: 1641124291984.jpg (640x448, 113.87K)

Play them in order.

Ignore this user, he is a deceiver.
Skip the first two generations, then play them in order.

Start with 1.
Ignore this user, for he wants you to skip PS1 kino.

What, you don't like AC1? Why?

Which ones let you play with the retarded reverse controller scheme?

The Kino plot is overshadowed by gen 1 jank.
Plus lets be real, bankrupting yourself because you shot the truck will turn off 75% of new players.
Look into your heart, you know this to be true.

It was great and I am tired of pretending it was not.

Attached: ps2_armored_core_nexus-110214.jpg (640x908, 88.52K)

Nexus then > Last Raven
AC3 then > SL
4 then > 4FA
If you want more
1st on PS1 >rebind the controls to something good and play everything from here that you've missed.

Gen 1 isn't janky, you only have to rebind the controls with movements on the face buttons

Amazing -For Answer, 2, Nexus

Good- 3,4 Last Raven

The rest I wouldn't recommend for new players.

When do these games stop being a horrible nightmare to control?

The abysmal controls are the definition of jank.
And lets not get started on sewer maze levels with drop out floors.

I really don't think the controls are bad are even that different from 3. The default control scheme is bad but again you can rebind, then it plays perfectly fine.

I need my analogue sticks. I don't know if ports fixed it, but on ps1 younger me couldn't figure out how to bind to them.

2 and For Answer are best.

Do people actually shit on it? Being the one FROM finally figured out the PS2 control had analog sticks built in makes it one of the best by default in my book.

Stupid Anons don't know that they can remap the controls on all the games just put the camara on the face buttons for the first gen, for OP you could go Master of arena>2>3>Silent Line>Nexus>For Answer in that order if you don't want to play all the games, just 3 or FA if you just only wanna play one, but yes i also recomend release order.

It's Last Raven, don't bother with the others.

>Plus lets be real, bankrupting yourself because you shot the truck will turn off 75% of new players.
75% of players aren't going to be playing armored core to begin with. If you're here you already passed the test. I bet you think 4a is the best game too.

Play them all in order. The series peaks at last raven. You can play 4 and 4a after that if you want, they're decent. Don't bother with v or vd.

>barely any story
>very low mission variety
>still uses the old 3 AI despite the new mechanic changes so enemies will constantly do things like run out of energy or overheat, making fighting them a joke
The entire 3.5 series is an example of a very great starting point for a game in the changed mechanics, fucked up by the intermittent bits of design.

Emulator can map any button anywhere.

>muh 4a boogeyman.
Nope, wasn't even the best game of its generation.

They're all good. although the human plaus/op intensify getting removed bothered me in later games, you either had to work for it or know some really obscure knowledge to get them, and they exist in universe and are used against you. Let me have my fun and roleplay as Genobee. I guess thats my favorite part of games past nexus is that its an even playing field.

Attached: Genobee.jpg (1000x836, 300.12K)

>skipping MoA
the fuck's wrong with you?

Attached: 1565390759443.png (1280x720, 876.81K)

I love 1 and MoA to death. 4A is still the best AC. Cope, Last Raven enjoyed. Silent Line is the best PS2 entry, fight me.

You'll still be using digital 8 way movement though.

>enjoyed
Enjoyer, fuck.

Oh stop with the v/vd hate they are fine games on their own
If you emulate on PS3 you can't put them anywhere, but the games have the option to remap the buttoms by default

Remapping button controls for first 3 gens is soulless
you will never be a raven

I cannot recommend someone slog through ac and pp to enjoy MoA.
I agree with you that MoA is pure sex, but it's not like you can drop someone into it and expect them to swim.