Being a game developer is so fun

>being a game developer is so fun

Attached: 01.png (785x757, 67.7K)

Said no one over the age of 14, ever.

>it's hard to get kids' respect
you can get a kid's respect simply by lifting some stuff they can't lift

I think the only game developers having fun are the indie devs who have a stake in the company and have real creative input. Working on a game for some soulless AAA dev and ultimately having no sense of shared ownership over the game you helped make must suck. Those type of devs are just functionaries, not creatives.

you're not developing games if you're working for EA, rockstar, ubisoft, etc. those are places for slaves with no vision.

That or showing them something they don't know about their interests or just listening to them and engaging in conversation.

>Rockstar
>Short time period
lmao

>Genuinely enjoy (mini) game dev
>It's a ballache to do because all the dev tools are windows only
>The person maintaining the game you're building on is actively hostile to you if you aren't designing on and for windows primarily

Attached: 123124515.jpg (350x200, 68.01K)

>michael wojack
this place has fried my brain

What I thought I was just supposed to get respect for being older and scoffing at everything they like, and belittling them at every turn.

or hitting them when those ignorant little shits backtalk to you about shit they have no idea about

> their spouses cuck them
lmao

Chop chop devvy!

Maybe just stop working for shitty american companies? What did you expect really? Not like you have workers rights in muttistan. And obviously big ass companies like EA aren't gonna give a shit about you without being forced to.

Imagine not developing games on the AAA field and make a passion project that doesn't suck.

Yeah, I assumed that the moment you hate vidya completely, you're now ready to work in a AAA game company

Most people are destined to be slaves. It has been the case since the earliest civilisations so why are they protesting now? They should be grateful that they have a choice to quit at least

Can't he just work as a senior engineer at some company that runs itself like Linkedin or Twitter? That way he could work 20 hours a week from home and play all the vidya he wants for the small salary of 170k a year

Attached: 007.jpg (2448x3473, 1.53M)

>Live in America
>Boss tells you to work outside contracted hours
>you actually do it
Its sad that I believe this actually happens in America.

Who is glamorising game dev? Seriously, who? It’s all crunch and layoffs at the big studios and endless work for no reward on the indie scene.
I think the only people with a glamorous view on game dev are literally 12yo boys who think making games and playing games are the same.

The craziest thing is this studios make devs work 100+ hours and the directors/management still cannot make a good game. Im sure there are a lot of talented programmers at AAA studios but they get treated like shit for not a lot of results

The US has the concept of "at will" employment, which is a nice way if saying your boss can fire you for any reason.

if you don't work those extra hours, you're closer to losing your job

Going back 15 years it was glamorized. Dude working on videogames lnao, wow. Same as videogame journalism it was a dream job for a lot of ignorant vidya fans. Those days are long gone , the fact that vidya is a shit industry is becoming more well known and only the type of people who would wanna be game journos now just become ytbers.

Sounds like it's capitalism that is the problem

Working on Vidya isn't any worse now than before.
Working for major companies is

Attached: 123123.gif (400x224, 823.61K)

This is actually based, fucking needing to hold on to dead weight just because they "need a job"