Is this the future of first-person shooters?

Is this the future of first-person shooters?

Attached: EADEC625-0F1B-48BD-A4AC-D78C1728219C.png (600x450, 389.09K)

Considering that the sequels to both were underwhelming and nowhere near as good as the first nu-games, I don't think so.

No, that was the recent past.

I've heard the New Colossus wasn't all that good, but is the New Order and Old Blood worth it?

New Order is pretty good by mainstream Western FPS standards, but it's not the generation-defining masterpiece that people claim it is. The writing is also nowhere near as good as people pretend. Still fun though, a solid 7/10.
Haven't played any of the others.

It wouldn't be that bad. Both are great FPS.

Yes. I think Old Blood is even better than NO.

>the future
It has been 6 years since Doom and 8 since New Order

I hope not. Doom 1 and 2 were way better than this garbage

I'm tired of pretending New Order was good. It was basically just CoD with healthpacks. The gunplay wasn't even as good as Bioshock. It shines in the fun Wolfenstein setting and interesting settings like the Moonbase, but the actual gameplay is boilerplate.

DOOM though was great, fast moving, good mechanics, but had some broken shit like infinite ammo max upgrade chaingun that was pretty exploitable and Eternal improved on the movement by a wide margin. I do like the DOOM aesthetic a bit more over Eternal's.

Why do people still pretend Eternal was good or even better than 2016 with it's forced brutal kill loop

They're nothing particularly amazing, but certainly both above average 8/10 games that tow the line between old-school and nu-school fairly well. It's entirely possible to play these games never using iron sights due to the accurate hipfire, with the added bonus of being able to dual-wield for essentially double your magazine size. It feels good to empty your automatic shotguns into some big ass hulking robots until they die. At the same time, it can be played like an especially arcadey COD, and the game will reward you greatly for a more cover-shooter playstyle where you aim-down-sights from behind cover. It's got one foot in the classic FPS style, and one foot in the modern consolized FPS style, so it doesn't especially wow anyone, but it's solid across the board.

Attached: My time is up, your time is now.png (864x1496, 2.16M)

The main difference that sets Nu-Wolfenstein back from Nu-Doom is sprint. Buff BJ's move speed, remove sprint, and I'd bet my life that Nu-Wolfenstein would close the gap with Nu-Doom as far as popularity goes.

This desu. New Order was a first person cover shooter where you're stuff cowering behind walls in crouch waiting for your turn to shoot back a few rounds at the enemies who take a shitload of bullets. The only interesting parts are fighting giant robots.

Also the best part of the game is the WWII era opening which is over before it starts.

In terms of challenge, Eternal was vastly better.
But that was offset by two major downsides, namely the ugly visual aesthetic and the forced story moments

>forced brutal kill loop
wut? The only time you need to hit an animation is to reload if you run out of map pickups.

Agreed, that opening chapter was pure kino.

Attached: wR-01Z-WDbdoVdTIeNNJHezIXrPae7nyxNbk_zZh_EU.jpg (1920x713, 138.98K)

Thanks anons. I'll give them a try at some point.

Never ever ever playing a Wolfenstein game after seeing how shit my first experience was with it. Played Doom 2016 and it was just decent, I guess, didn't blow me away so I don't get what the hype was about that game.

>I don't get what the hype was about that game
Basedboys wanting to seem hardcore so they religiously latch onto the game with garbage metal and gore

wow,finally someone that agrees with me on this