How did this series go from great to garbage so fast? DMC1 was perfect, but everything afterward was terrible...

How did this series go from great to garbage so fast? DMC1 was perfect, but everything afterward was terrible. Is the change of directors the one to blame for this series' downfall, or is it just CAPCOM's fault?

Attached: DMC.jpg (1499x2249, 526.24K)

I never played DMC2, only 3, and I had a blast. I had a friend in school that used to compliment the game a lot, which made me curious and then buy the game when I got my PS2. He called it "Devil McCoy".lol

It's because you value aesthetic concerns such as 'atmosphere' and desire simple combat that tests basic pattern recognition and spacing (over execution and creativity). You find more enjoyment in light puzzling, platforming, and key hunting, compared to exploring mechanics and options. You probably do not play fighting games.

Play Fromsoft games. DMC walked a different path.

Attached: dmc4 aiohd.png (926x1240, 1002.21K)

Then play Bayo

Shut up fag we all know DMC3 is the best game in the series.

Attached: jesters dance.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

This fucking guy terrified me.

>old good new bad

DMC3 > DMC5 > DMC1 > DMC4 > DMC2

It's not even up for disscusion

>Shut up fag we all know DMC3 is the best action game
FTFY

dmc5 is mid

sorry forgot to say faggot zoomer opinions are not wanted

>most recent dmc5
>nufans gobble it up
>fujobait galore
>dancing to faggy devil trigger
>d-dead weight
>trashy thot nico
>m-muh zoomer tho
kys. also rent free

did you not read the previous post about faggot zoomer opinions?

Based but 1 and 4 are tied for me. 1 had a better campaign but 4 has better gameplay.

Nah id say DMC4SE>DMC5SE>DMC3SE> Those other two.

ITT anons are praising the og and questioning why it deviated so much since then and yet you call an user that found 5 mid a zoomer? are you actually retarded or are all new dmc fans like this?

please refer to this post regarding your faggot zoomer opinon

go twerk to devil trigger

V > 3 > 1 > 4 > 2

1 and 3 are the only worthwhile games
5 is only praised by secondaries that started with it

>everyone I disagree with is a zoomer
ffs you're desperate

starting to feel like you didnt read the post regarding your faggot zoomer opinon

nta but dmc5 is mid

It's simple. Kamiya is 100% soul,

You sound like monster hunter players who hate world despite it doing nothing but vastly improving the games systems and visuals.

>visuals.
arguable, dmc5 is nothing but tentacles and a blue tonemap.
dmc5 has easily the worst setting of them all, even 2 is better in that regard.

Nigger not a single one of those complaints are even about the game.
If you wanna go there DMC1 had basically no story or characters, and what little there was, was dogshit, but it's still one of the best games of its time.

please read this post regarding your faggot zoomer opinon

based. i'll add the uneven af 4 in the worthwhile ones even if just for a single playthrough due to its peak mechanics plus devil bringer -- I had more fun with it than 5 which was underwhelming af

DMC never forces you to do anything with hard execution or "creativity". It's all stuff made by community.

You can beat DMD S rank 3, 4, and 5 without having to do anything more complicated than switching weapons mid-combo.
Yes, the later games allow for more creativity but the fact is that 1 is just a much more tightly knit game

Attached: 1645232108161.webm (320x240, 2.78M)

Once again Soulsfags are getting uppity about a gaming series not specifically catering to them.

only 2 was bad because it started development before 1 was even finished and was handed to an arcade game studio with complete inexperience to console action/adventure games. Everything else was great

GOD I STILL FUCKING HATE THESE CAPTCHAS WHY THE FUCK DID THIS SITE NEED TO CHANGE THE BASIC AS SHIT "SELECT 3 TAXIS" CRAP THAT WORKED UNDER A SECOND EVERY FUCKING TIME INSTEAD OF THIS SHIT YOU HAVE TO CLOSELY EXAMINE AND PUZZLE FOR SECONDS AND STILL FUCK IT UP LIKE EVERY 4TH TIME BECAUSE THE WORDS ARE JUST A JUMBLED MESS

it's a response to the zoomer thing, user. 5 being more directed to zoomers eg devil trigger, nico, etc is peak zoomerbait

> edgy teen nu metal weeb-core

Attached: giphy.gif (280x258, 1018.76K)