I just realized that the source engine is one gigantic virtual liminal space (the backrooms)

I just realized that the source engine is one gigantic virtual liminal space (the backrooms).

Attached: gm construct.jpg (1920x1080, 491.65K)

I cannot believe that "empty spaces" are now considered "scary" the only time an empty space is scary is if you're in detroit

bro i used to make cum rockets and shit on this map when i was 12, nothing scary about it

is Home Alone a horror movie? Its a big empty house that's so spooky

Just realized OP is one gigantic faggot (the 4channel).
No, wait, I knew that already

gm construct is just a example. the source engine it's self is fucking creepy, weirdly familiar space, all games made with it have the familiar feeling even thought they can be vastly different.

no they dont

holy fuck kill yourself as soon as you can please

>a game engine is now considered creepy
horror is fucking dead

You sound like a gigantic faggot

Get a grip

OH NOO
IM GOING FUCKING INSANEEEEEEE
THAT SPACE IS SO EMPTYYYYYYYYYYYY

>all games made with it have the familiar feeling even thought they can be vastly different
only thing in your post not gay.
I was always weirded out by how noticable source is compared to other engine. Apex Legends is the only game I could think of that doesn't make it obvious it's source.

>t.

Attached: 1652906707400.jpg (340x528, 60.16K)

Not news

Attached: librarian vids.png (461x606, 308.01K)

>Apex Legends
Didn't even know that Apex Legends was made on source, being a EA game I would have thought they'd use Frostbite

fuck that liminal space/backrooms shit, anybody has that copypasta with all those creepypastas listed?

Source has a very different vibe to it when compared to other game engines. Ravenholm wouldn't be as scary if it was in a different engine. People that claim Source does not have an unnerving feeling to it are lying to themselves. The city of HL2 is depressing as fuck.

Source does interior and urban environments in a quite distinct manner. I assume it's something subtle to do with the lighting and mid 2000's general 3D weirdness. It's more obvious when you play something like Infra and you can just tell after a while that it's in source

Attached: 20220205140133_1.jpg (2560x1440, 796.45K)

I said I realized it, I never looked into the topic, but it makes since that other people have felt the same way.

For some reason Respawn decided to use Source for Titanfall and continued to modify it into what is now used for Apex. In Titanfall 1 it's still noticable that it runs Source.

>I-IS THAT... IS THAT STATICALLY COMPUTED RADIOSITY LIGHTING??? OH MY FUCKING GGGOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD I'M GOING INSAAAAAAAAAAAAANEEEEEEEEEEEE NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HELP ME GATO NEGROOOOOOO
People born after the year 2000 are a fucking disease, holy shit.

Attached: yos.jpg (849x1004, 114.61K)

Just looked up Infra and saw pic related on the store page, it instantly reminds me of Hl2 and I can't exactly point out why.

Attached: ss_999ff8f90b88782787a5175ef9eadf8fcbf03420.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.77M)

>Ravenholm
stuff of nightmare's for me.

Sources games have always felt a bit lonely and creepy to me. The Complex Multiplayer map from Goldeneye is another good example of this.

Attached: complex.jpg (698x492, 79.03K)

>baked lighting kills the zoomer mind
many such cases

>Boomer has a mental meltdown over getting old, episode #74883

many such cases!

WANNAHEARTHEMOSTANNOYINGSOUNDINTHEWORLD

Grungy textures, pine trees and the brick building with corrugated sheet roof.

I'm 32, KYS

Sure kiddo.

I understand what he means, i always have the same feeling. I instantly feel and know that's a source engine game.
It's basically the same for UE, where anyone feels like everything is shiny.

WOOAH BRO IS THAT A SOURCE ENGINE LEVEL?!?!? WOOOOOAH THAT IS SO SCAAAAAARY BROS WOOOOOOOW