Retarded community supports the developer doing horrible game design choices

>retarded community supports the developer doing horrible game design choices

Attached: 425245542.jpg (596x337, 73.16K)

wow Rimworld is a shit game, who could have guessed?

this war of mine had a similar problem, if the npc is too sad or whatever he will refuse to do anything to ensure his survival. Shit's retarded, makes me wonder if these devs ever had a single bad day in their lives.

>makes me wonder if these devs ever had a single bad day in their lives.
You think a mental breakdown being trapped on a warfront is the same as "Having a bad day"?
Seriously?

i got killed by 2 manhunting bunnies, because my pawn had sad wandering.
>"it's for the realism"

Are we fucking talking about Rimword or This War of Mine, you moron?
Rimword is clearly, very deliberately silly. But you just compared character in This War of Mine who lost his will to live to "having a bad day", and that is pretty fucking hilarious.

I think being trapped on a warfront won't stop you from taking the necessary action to survive.

Then you do not know anything about life, because you have been perfectly sheltered from any form of real adversity your whole life.

Can you mod this retarded design choice out?

>This is what manic depressives actually believe
Lol. Lmao

>look how SAD I can be
Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

Attached: big sad.jpg (611x337, 25.59K)

>incel attempts to lecture people on life

Do you think anyone reading your post isn't laughing right now?

GOD IT'S SO FUCKING COLD OUTSIDE I'M HAVING A MENTAL BREAK IT'S SO COOOOLD FUUUUCK
THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO DEAL IT:
>avoids all rooms with heaters or any other heat source
>runs into the open snow storm

Thank you for proving my point, kids.

AKSHULLY, IF I WAS A CIVILIAN TRAPPED AT FRONTLINE OF A SEREBIA-LIKE CIVIL WAR, I WOULD TOTALLY ROCK MAN! I'M COOL, I TOTALLY DID FINE EVEN THOUGH MY MOM DID NOT BUY ME MY FAVORITE CEREAL, I'M SURE I'D BE COMPLETELY FINE!

Sure thing, kids, sure thing.

Genuine question here:
Why does everybody on Any Forums constantly look for reasons to be angry? You all look for the tiniest, most minuscule inconsequential reasons just to be upset at something. Why? Do you all like being angry and upset? If so, why? I don’t get it.

How can you all exist in perpetual negativity and anger; it’s so unhealthy, and it’ll just make your mental and physical health so much worse. Like, Jesus anus-fucking Christ; how do to you all wake up in the morning, knowing that you’re just going to repeat the same cycle of anger, day after day? Don’t you all get tired of it all?

What pushes you all to keep going - realically, you’re not upsetting ANYBODY when you call them a “double-nigger” or “Reddit”; all you’re doing it upsetting yourself for no reason. I just don’t get it.

Just be happy. Not everything or everybody is out to get you.

>le strawman when called out for being retarded

yare-yare

If you think I'll read any of that, you are sorely mistaken, faggot.

to be fair that is the sort of behavior hypothermia causes.

let me summarise this thread

>ME GOOD
>YOU BAD
>ME MOG YOU

I don’t care if you read my copypasta, you still responded. Nigger.

based short and succinct chad
cringe thesis writing nerd

I didn't even read that one line post, I just respond to (You)s, faggot.

>not immediately giving up and letting yourself get slowly killed by papercuts = being le internet tough guy
what a pretentious faggot you are

only a nigger would think reading is a trick or punishment.

Aren't these games specifically made to be RNG trash to appeal to low IQ redditors? In the same vein as Darkest Dungeon etc

being stressed will literally never override the feeling of actual pain, and this pawn presumably has been in fights before if he has armor and a gun so it's not like killing the prisoner would be something unimaginable to him.

what are you doing with your IQ?

Let me ask you as simple question: How many war victims and war refugees have you talked to in your life?

I don't think you get to call other "pretentious" when you claim that you would totally do perfectly fine in such a situation. Especially since the most direct experience with war you have is watching Avengers: Civil War.

you don't know anything about anything. sheltered faggot

Go write a mod or cry about it. Looks like you are not able to deal with the randomness that life throws at you so you take out your insecurities on some fucktard that I also usually do not agree with. At least have the courage to own up to that.

Attached: RR.jpg (1280x720, 98.84K)

Attached: Screenshot_2022-07-16-220941.png (1302x879, 318.99K)

>when you claim
The one you replied to was my first post in this thread
>that you would totally do perfectly fine in such a situation
No one in this thread claimed that. Just that letting yourself get slowly killed because "muh sad" is retarded.

soldiers kill themselves all the time. would it be better if they just shot themselves in the head when they have a breakdown instead of just passively waiting to be killed?

isn't it a shame that not every pawn in every game is a perfect as you?

>lose days of progress on your colony to 1 dumb mental break
>WHY ARE YOU MAD DUDE WHY AREN'T YOU JUST ENJOYING IT?
better question is why the devs don't work on making the game less bullshit

Yes.

I think the Cave of Chuds developer having a breakdown over people wanting to play as the coolest faction (Who are """"Nazis"""") is probably the best example of this.

Because it's a skill issue, not a game issue. Maybe if your colony hadn't been so shitty you wouldn't have lost it.

don't blame your own poor choices or bad luck on the devs lol

>would it be better if they just shot themselves in the head when they have a breakdown instead of just passively waiting to be killed?
Yes.
It would actually make sense and make you think "oh shit" and not "god damn it the game is practically bugging out".
See, it's not about making the game easier, it's about making it not look retarded.

games shifting focus from gameplay and story to microtransactions and idpol shit is objectively worse. not to mention the design philosophy of "we can always patch it later, it only has to mostly work"

Yeah, because suicide actually makes sense. How many soldiers let themselves get nibbled to death by rats despite being physically fit to stop them? Now how many soldiers just fucking shoot themselves because they can't take it anymore?
One is actually realistic, the other is retarded.

Then why isn't suicide in the game? In a situation where somebody had a depressive mental break to the point they didn't want to continue living then they'd put a gun in their mouth and pull the trigger, not let themselves be slowly beaten to death over the course of hours because they just can't be assed to do anything about it. You can't take the "it's realistic" approach only half the time.

Again, we were talking about This War of Mine. Rimword is a silly game by design. Not to mention, this isn't about being simply stressed, it's about the character going through a complete breakdown.
I've seen people with severe treatment resistant depression, such as triggered by PTS, that were literally unable to get up to take a piss. These people had at times incredibly painful sores and bedsores, that were never the less not being addressed until the paramedics literally drag them up.
I have a friend who works as a physiotherapeut at a severe depression ward, her job is to check patients who are unable to prevent developing them, exercising with them the same way you would do with an immobile elderly or a spine injury patient.
So this shit IS very real. RImworld may be silly in presentation, again by design, but pretending that severe trauma, mental breakdown, depression, all of which can and do develop as a result of extremely stressful or otherwise horrifying living condition, aren't a real problem, is a joke.

play the games that aren't vessels for microtransactions then

didn't read
have sex

its a management game. you mismanaged your pawns and you suffer for it. take care of problems before they become problems. keep them happy and safe and fed. theres always rng shit like a 2 week long toxic fallout hitting before you have hydroponics but thats what makes it fun. no rng would make it unplayable.

fuck imagine how hard you'd seethe if one of your colonists suddenly blew his brains out

And now you start crying about your """lived experience""", take it to twitter you humongous faggot.

>Now how many soldiers just fucking shoot themselves because they can't take it anymore?
You really, REALLY have no clue what you are talking about, child.
Be grateful that you never had to learn about these kinds of things, but keep your fucking mouth shut when adults talk about them.

reading this thread i realize the rimworld community may be the most retarded of all time

while i'm not disagreeing (i think it would be good), the people complaining about how breakdowns work in rimworld would seethe to the ends of the earth if they just instantly lost a character to suicide. the problem isn't "realism" the problem is "the game is too hard for me, that's bullshit rng, i hate when the game is unpredictable i just want to play a spreadsheet"

.....???

I've never heard this criticism about RimWorld before. Sounds like the same oevel of midwit that cries about misses in X-Com.

don't remember subscribing to this blog
*unsubscribes*

Those who fervently accuse others of being children are often children themselves.

I accept your concession.

Nah, kid: I just asked you a basic question. The fact that you are too afraid to answer it proves me right.

the ironing of this post

i do. but youre ignoring the entire industry with stupid remarks like that. elden ring is the only recent successful game that didnt have mtx and it was still a "we can always patch it later" scenario.

This, whenever someone feels the need to insert "kid" or "child" in every post you can be sure it's some 16 year old trying really hard to sound old.

You have an incredibly childish idea about how humans react to extreme situations. That is why I call you a child. Because you act and talk like one. Get used to it, because that is going to happen a LOT MORE in your life.

>implying i wouldn't intentionally stress out shitty pawns to the point they commit suicide
Also imagine having 'ritual suicide' be an option in religions, one of your pawns fucks up super hard and they're obligated to seppuku.

the industry is vast

>elden ring is the only recent successful game that didnt have mtx
stupid consolefag

It's okay user, we're all anonymous here, you don't need to act tough.

>got no food
>kids arrive asking for handout
>tell them you can't help them
>kill yourself the next day because of it
yeah no it doesn't work like that
people fight through shit and then two years after everything is done with they develop mental health issues and maybe kill themselves
nobody breaks immediately like that

You're over here arguing depression will allow you to get nibbled to death by squirrels
lol
lmao