Steam used to accept Bitcoin payments and now they do not

Steam used to accept Bitcoin payments and now they do not.

Why?

Attached: 1594132779480.png (989x801, 164.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giropay#Costs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a pyramid scheme.

There's no referral system at all in Bitcoin. That doesn't even make sense.

You can answer this with a google search. They deemed it completely impractical because of volatility, long transaction times, and high transaction costs.

If transaction costs weren't so bad they could probably beat whatever Visa and Mastercard are charging.

>if transaction costs were lower than with other thing then they'd be lower

The transaction fees only really spiked after they started hitting full blocks in 2017, which is when Steam dropped them IIRC. You used to be able to do transactions for less than a penny.

>transaction cost
Why is this even a thing? You are literally pushing some bits and bytes around, not sending a fucking truck loaded with cash (that would probably be cheaper still).
I don't pay some fee to my bank when using giro pay.

That's where the scam comes in. Imagine being charged everytime you used real money.

>I don't pay some fee to my bank when using giro pay.
?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giropay#Costs

because half of it was tainted and they couldn't cash out

>Imagine being charged everytime you used real money.
Every payment processor on the entire planet charges to use "real money". Do you think they're operated as a charity?

Must depend on account status type then cause it's not reflected in my balance. I only use it for steam though.

I remember retards here celebrating when this happened

>Must depend on account status type then cause it's not reflected in my balance.
It's paid on the merchant-side of sales, that's why you don't see a special additional fee if you use Visa or Mastercard either (unless the merchant specifically includes it in your bill as an itemized charge). Unironically, how do you think these things work?

word of mouth

your meme currencies aren´t real money and can´t put food on the table.

>paying for games in 2022
Found your problem

You are, that's called VAT

So people verbally telling people about something makes it a pyramid scheme?

Gay Ben Newell is a fat kike

Wrong.

Because bitcoin is a meme currency

You had 15 years.