What does Any Forums think of this game?

What does Any Forums think of this game?

Attached: 186797-alan-wake-limited-collector-s-edition-xbox-360-other.jpg (800x1171, 108.37K)

Wasted potential.
The gameplay segments feel like filler that are just there to justify calling it a game.

I liked it, played it on release.
can't wait to play AW2

PREVIOUSLY ON ALAN WAKE

"My name is Alan Wake. I'm a writer..."
>spooky noises
"I moved to this town, to get away..."
>Alan! Help!
"Very boring enemies shamble toward me, and I point a flashlight on them until the game lets me shoot them."
>horror chord
"Stephen King, yadda yadda yadda."
>

Energizerâ„¢ commercial

Attached: in-game.jpg (700x393, 44.19K)

First post summed it up.
Played it on release. I like the music, setting, visuals, story etc. but it's a really boring game to play

never played the dlcs

Twin peaks kino

Kind of a snoozefest. Got probably 3 hours in and it didn't seem to be going anywhere. Lack of gameplay variety, just killing shady dudes with flashlights constantly

I liked it but fuck is it repetitive. There's a total of like 4-5 enemy types repeated throughout the entire game and there isn't much of a way to mix things up during combat. The concert sequence was the only part that felt like it broke away from the typical game loop. I honestly can't play this game unless it's 1 episode a day because it starts feeling like a slog. The story is good and I'm still hyped for the sequel though

It's not sam lake...
Itz sam ocean...

It's not good, it's not intriguing by itself, it's only intriguing in the Connected Remedy Universe and it's downright fascinating in the meta sense of Remedy's absolute obsession with it.

Alan Wake is not fun, it's intricate, but not interesting. Just like everything in the Remedy universe it's mundane and grounded, so it can't really be bombastic only heightened. As a result it goes for mysterious, and I don't mean meme mysterious, but the actual one, where there's at least seven canon ways to interpret the events of the game. Its initial playthrough won't be satisfying, especially if you were like me and came to it from the Max Payne games then the disappointment is all-encompassing. It takes at least four playthroughs for the appreciation to bubble up, at which point you can no longer be certain if it's not Stockholm Syndrome.

Everything canon surrounding AW is pretty good though. I'm one of those that prefers Alan Wake's American Nightmare to Alan Wake for instance.

So, yeah, Alan Wake 2 is my most anticipated game. It will 100% have soul, Remedy can't help itself on this one even if it tried otherwise.

Attached: Ez1yPbYVoAUeE5z.jpg (1200x768, 681.3K)

The atmosphere and sound design was enough for me.
It's comfy as hell. The possessed objects are also really fun to fight.

So just like Silent Hill

No, silent hill manages to incorporate the gameplay faily well in comparison and it doesn't feel like it's split into stoy bit / shooty bit.

Alan Wake is over-rated as hell. Its got it's moments but it really didn't need a sequel. It works as a one and done 360 game.

No. Silent Hill have more interaction with the enviroment and puzzles. Alan Wake have these annoying kill every enemy to progress segments

You can actually bypass quite a few of the encounters with smart flashlighting and knowing where the close enough safe havens are. As for combat annoyance actually using the good weapons liberally makes the pace much brisker.

>608130762
>actually using the good weapons liberally makes the pace much brisker
Yeah there is no reason to conserve the good stuff since the game keeps taking away all your weaponds and ammo constantly which was infuriating

Alan wake is one of those rare games where it's all a vehicle to deliver a good story. You can say what you want about the gameplay mechanics, and yeah outside of a few set pieces (like the stage scene and the fight at the power station right after you fall from the helicopter) it has lackluster game mechanics.
The entire Light vs Darkness is a very good plot and theme but has limited transition to gameplay, especially when they tried to play on a horror aspect and leave you fearful. You can contrast this with the other game Quantum Break that had more combat mechanics possible (but also ran a bit samey in terms of fights).
But you can't disagree with the plot and story elements involved in it. Purely in this sense, I'd consider Alan Wake a work of art.
I just doubt whether Alan Wake 2 can deliver the same on this front given what I saw in the unreleased footage of alan wake 2 alpha several years ago. If they really take this towards aliens or other pulpy stuff, all the possibilities that were present in Alan Wake die, and thus the franchise to me.

>I just doubt whether Alan Wake 2 can deliver the same on this front given what I saw in the unreleased footage of alan wake 2 alpha several years ago
Nah they scrapped that idea and turned it into american nightmare. It was already confirmed AW2 is gonna be a "proper" survival horror, so I expect something more along the lines of silent hill but with remedy's twist on it

All right game for the atmosphere that overstays its welcome by an hour despite being only 7 hours long. I want to see the worldline where Remedy's idea of it being an open world adventure more like Deadly Prem came to fruition