Have you ever been this hyped for a game release?

Have you ever been this hyped for a game release?

Attached: mw2.webm (576x1024, 1.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/44UYiwZLhp8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I went to the skyrim midnight release (with my mom) and there was this guy who kept quoting the most basic level oblivion stuff mudcrabs by azura etc

I went to the Halo 4 midnight release with my grandma and my little sister but me and my sister waited in the car in the parking lot while my grandma was in line around a bunch of 30yr old fat losers

Only for black ops 2 then after that I stopped caring for AAA games

So you fucked your little sister while your grandma was gangbanged by fat, sweaty nerds?

MGS V, I doubt I will ever get that hyped up for a game ever again.

I had just turned 18 a month before MW2 and went to pick it up from the shops before college. There was a massive queue of adults obviously getting it for their kids after dropping them off at school and I saw numerous people from my year at college getting ID'd and having to leave because they were 17.
Towards the end of the line one of the guys behind the counter spotted me and smugly looked over to his coworker as if he was excited that he was going to get another hit of wagie power trip and boot me out.
He asked for ID and I whipped out my driver's licence to prove I was 18.
It felt pretty good to be me then.

Guild Wars 2 had a nice launch.

MGSV was probably the last time I got maximum hype.
The ruse cruise the years leading up to it certainly helped.
I got so close to buying a PS4 just for MGSV until I saw the Steam announcement trailer.
Nothing has come close since.

I stood in line for a PS2.
It's sad seeing zoomers look back fondly on these shitty midnight software releases.
Everything nostalgic that they have is just a dingier, slightly more corporate version of what I had.

we're 2 years from people saying
>Yo, I was so Hypebeast for Halo 4, bro. That Dorito Pope was bussin frfr.

twilight princess, it turned out to be shit and it made me a cynical person since then

What makes your release so much better than zoomers you bitter old boomer

Last time I got really hyped? Probably when Shadowbringers was coming out for FFXIV. The buildup from the previous patches, going to a completely new world and the best tank getting the protagonist spotlight in the trailer was fucking amazing. This is gonna sound lame as fuck, but fighting Hades at the end whilst hearing the final boss theme playing made my hands shake.
That whole expansion was surreal, especially if you played as a Dark Knight.

Not for a long, long time. I think the last games I was excited about was the double whammy of Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2. They came out back to back and were shit. I think that finally cured my hype.

Yew for XIV Endwalker, and it was glorious, the best game I've played since FFX.

100% guaranteed he makes daily Elder Scrolls threads here.

The only time I ever stood in line for something was with my dad and brothers to get a Gamecube on release day. We were at Walmart at like 6 AM or some insanely ungodly hour, it was freezing, and we were standing in a small crowd of boomers waiting for the doors to open.

The employees opened the doors, and the boomers go sprinting or quickly limping through the store. One of the old bastards tried to block my older brother with a shopping cart, but he may have been joking.

We get to the electronics section and I hear two employees talking about what all the hubbub is about. One of them says "I think they're here for that new X-Cube". I chuckled under my breath. My older brother and father were luckily able to get to the Gamecube's quicker than most and we secured one.

Brought it home and played the shit out of Rogue Squadron II and Luigi's Mansion.

youtu.be/44UYiwZLhp8

Same, I really enjoyed it though.

My dad and his friends were part of one of the release events where guys dressed up as soldiers in buggies dropped off crates of the games. They originally wanted to rappel off the roof of the movie theatre next door, but the owner wouldn't go for it.

who even goes to shit like this
imagine waiting in line at checkout