American Voice Actors pretending to be English

>American Voice Actors pretending to be English.

WHY? You could've asked the XIV VAs to voice extra lines for a different game. Does the American VA Union have this much connection with Square Enix's higher management?

Attached: Tactics-Ogre-Reborn-Ann_08-04-22-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 193.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/l86mzD15xc0?t=190
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Should've gotten the Xenoblade dudes to do it

Nobody likes Europoor accents

I'd say it's just the trademark Squeenix incompetence.

Aren't most of XIVs cast British? And not trained VAs, but classically trained actors?

Attached: 39d550948006c00b6ab52e874fe72b7d.jpg (900x800, 281.98K)

american VAs are always trash because of the way they are guilded up and impose fucked up shit on the studios. good english dubbing is consistantly from bongland. who i dispise btw, i wouldnt say this if it werent for the fact american VAs are truly fucking games up.

Most of XIVs cast is Japanese, what are you talking about?

Weak and dumb bait. The Japanese voices and script are pretty dry compared to the English one, which by the way is written in the same writer's room as the Japanese one, so they are both canons.

youtu.be/l86mzD15xc0?t=190

Is it me or do I hear Hermes from Endwalker?

Attached: 16407792967711.jfif.jpg (219x230, 9.93K)

Both canons but the western script decided to make a bunch of random characters like pixies and nu mou gender neutral when they aren't in Japanese, for some reason? Hmm...

They switched wholesale in the transition from A Realm Reborn to Heavensward, for a variety of reasons ranging from creative to avoiding California union shit. I think it's only by practicalities of the studio that they're so specifically limited in geography, though; Stormblood probably would've benefited greatly from that not being the case.
>And not trained VAs, but classically trained actors?
There's much less of a distinction in Britain, owing to the fact that there's also much less of any kind of "acting" industry. It's worth noting though that the "classically trained" part generally gets misunderstood, evoking images of RSC-lifers rather than the reality that they've just been on the Beeb to varying degrees of import.

After Stormblood, Koji Fox went from lead writer to supervisor cause he was working on FF16. There is a pinked hair pronoun-having girl who is leading the writing team now with him overlooking. They kept it hidden till AFTER Endwalker cause they didn't want an uproar, but people still noticed and thought Koji went woke, but it wasn't even him. Anyway, you could bitch more cause I could tell you the XIV is scared shitless of losing subs since they are what keeps Square afloat.

>See cast.
>It is from Persona 5.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Attached: 1657191320545.jpg (300x262, 10.85K)

I'll bitch because while I really couldn't give a shit about transsexuals one way or the other, that's one thing, and having an accurate translation is another, and really I only care about the latter.
If people want to push their agendas, please go make your own games and stop injecting it into other people's writing.

I'm neither British nor into VA.
>"acting" industry
Yeah, it's a smaller country, but I would have guessed that most of the - at least the older generation - of American VA didn't have any performance education, and just either really wanted to get into the industry, or knew someone who worked on games.
> "classically trained"
I thought that just ment that they either had a bachelor or masters degree in performance arts from some college
>RSC-lifers rather than the reality that they've just been on the Beeb
I have no idea what any of this mean

Attached: 1659631766429562.png (1080x1350, 1.38M)

I can't believe people played P5 with the dub, the voice direction was the worst I've heard in years.
There are some scenes where you would hear three different characters pronounce "Takamaki" three different ways within ten seconds of each other and none of them are even correct by accident.

>I thought that just ment that they either had a bachelor or masters degree in performance arts from some college
It's the "classical" part that's the operative. It's primarily used purely as a differentiation to The Method, but sometimes it's also meant to encapsulate some amount of formal experience (generally, though, that's practical with a Company
>I have no idea what any of this mean
rather than as a qualification)
RSC = Royal Shakespeare Company, one of the largest and most prestigious forces in British theatre. They tend to take people in from a young age, and are generally what the rest of the world would call to mind when asked to describe "British Acting" (if they don't erroneously think of the Harry Potter movies that came out of Hollywood instead)
>Beeb
The BBC when meant informally or more often pejoratively. The nationalised broadcast/production company, and the major force in British television. In recent decades they've put a bigger focus on more significantly marketable TV Dramas (ie Downton Abbey, or previously Doctor Who) with an eye to global export because of their weird foreign commercial arm; that's the kind of place you see people like XIV's or Dark Souls' voice casts.

>significantly marketable TV Dramas (ie Downton Abbey,
Or like Eastenders, mate.

That was very informative, thanks for the writeup

Attached: 1659631262217299.png (768x1071, 959.78K)

The voice acting was absolute shit in the trailer. Gonna turn it off first chance I get.

Why would you play anything but the japanese voices? Are you watching foreign movies dubbed too?