Overlord

>potrays the fat, greedy, lazy and as the true evils of the world
>beat and opresses ugly peasants and kidnap their women
>smash the shit out of every possible object with your little goons
>actually somewhat interesting plot
>manages to be silly while still being in a semi-dark fantasy
>only negative opinions either dislike controls/graphics or are just seething

was this the most based game ever?

Attached: Overlord_pc_uk.jpg (220x286, 25.9K)

>you play the bad guy
>your fighting against badguys
That’s my problem with it.

>>only negative opinions either dislike controls/graphics or are just seething
tendies were seriously upset

It's called "the devs being American and pussying out on the premise because BAD = BAD and GOOD = GOOD every time and even when we make an exception we actually don't".
Same as Tyranny.

Overlord 1 was kino, 2 had significant gameplay improvements but I genuinely hated the roman shit and hippy elves, also it was too fucking short.

>you play the bad guy
Did you actually finish the game? You're just an ex-hero, like the rest of the "villians" in the game. Just without the corruption that the other hero's undergo. Its a case of "doing bad things to reach a greater good". I believe there was something about him being the most noble/courageous of the heros, but I might be misremembering.
Basically this too, but Codemasters is British.
>but I genuinely hated the roman shit and hippy elves, also it was too fucking short.
I think the roman stuff could've worked if it wasn't the only type of culture present, besides the hippy elves. The hippy elves work for me, I don't think they were well implemented. I like that you end up enslaving them, and can turn their ruler into your own personal evil cumdump :)
It really was too short, and a 3rd game seems to be a "Never Ever" scenario. Please don't bring up the spin-off.

I really liked 1's themes of D&D heroes corrupted by the seven deadly sins. Wasn't very mindblowing, but still kind of neat to see them find a way to take a specific archetype and what sin would be the downfall of that hero (paladin committing adultery, halfing committing gluttony)
Shame that it didn't take off, definitely had lots of potential for cool gameplay and cool story/themes/artstyle

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 83.8K)

Are there any other good minion games like this besides Pikmin? Seems like a rather rare genre.

Munches odyssey

irrelevant as fuck. this game was entirely known as the game where you play the bad guy, and was also promoted as such worldwide.

Small parts of Brutal Legend. It's an incredibly confused game.

Okay, but if thats why you played the game, the asthetic, and even some the characters actions, still contribute towards that concept. So it's not entirely false advertising?

I'd like to think that these recent Overlord threads are shills gouging interest in the series but I doubt it. Fucking loved it and would like to see more of it.

Lost my interest shortly after unlocking the blues and dropped it midway through the sewer level. Should I keep going?

I think the company was absorbed into EA, not sure about where the IP went but nowhere that would do any good with it.

>you’re supposed to be the bad guy
>you’re not actually the bad guy unless you’re a literal retard who just destroys everything for kicks
If you want an interesting RPG take on evil play Tyranny

Tyranny sucks lol. It's boring and cringe.

Judging by the fellowship of evil you din’t want that. Let it stay in 00’s.

I tried to play Fellowship of Evil because I was hankering for more Overlord and it's so fucking horrendous. The only reason you'd play that piece of shit is for more Gnarl voice acting and that's it.

It kills me it really does.
That and "weeeeell ackshually a REAL villain wouldn't murder innocents because he knows thats not going to bring profit in the long term"
Missing the point entirely. I want to be evil not greedy. Causing others suffering should be the end, not the means. I want to massacre a random village and leave one last teenage boy alive just to seethe over it. I want to go into a dungeon and save the last traumatized member of a defeated party, spending days slowly guiding her out of the dungeon and healing her shattered mind only to reveal that it was me that slaughtered her friends in the first place. I want to kidnap the hero's love and drag him on a decade long wild goose chase and when he finally gets strong enough to challenge me in my mountaintop keep, snap the heroine's neck like a twig and throw her body at the fool's feet.
I want to play as AM being let loose in a fantasy world. I want it be extremely edgy. I want to be cringing at how edgy it is the whole way through. I want absolutely every dialog choice and interaction be extremely blatantly psychopathic and manipulative, or pointlessly cruel.

>play first game
>hard as balls, especially when you reach the dwarven kingdom
>play second game
>no challenge whatsoever