You guys will argue about anything

You guys will argue about anything.

Attached: DQbetterthanFF.jpg (347x236, 19.34K)

its true tho. 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8 blow most of FF except FF9 out of the water

I've only play DQ8 and 11, also a bit of 5 bit it was just too slow paced for me to care. I will say I liked the other two. I've played most of the mainline FFs, I only beat about half of them and of those only half I would say I really enjoyed. So I guess technically by ratio DQ is better in my mind.

Makes sense, Only good FF is FF6 and most DQ games are good

Dragon Quest is the most basic bitch vanilla ass braindead JRPG series out there.

its false tho, FFV, VII, VIII, IX, X-2 and Tactics blow most of DQ except DQ5 out of the water

3d dq is worse than 3d ff, but both are pretty bad

Thats what makes it so good, its like home cooking. There are no queer bits and paces shoved into the pie its just sugar and flour

Someone who hasn't played Pokemon, Mario RPGs, Golden Sun or Altier.

I played DQ11 and have played most of the FF games. I kinda feel like having played DQ11 is going to mean I'm spoiled for previous DQ games, so I'm not interested in playing them. Is this a mistake? Would I still enjoy previous DQ games?

FF games change, at least a little, from iteration to iteration. One of DQ's big selling points is that it's largely the same over and over again, no?

FFVI is absolute dogwater ass shit, FF I is way better.

SMT shits on both

Sure buddy, Final Fantasy 6 is the ONLY real game Square ever made, the rest are copy paste bullshit with half baked mechanics and goofy aesthetics

Dragon Quest XI is not like most DQ games. It's a lot more linear and story driven than most of the other games. In all honesty, it's closer to a game like Final Fantasy XII than the previous DQ games. Which is probably why so many FF fans love it. But basically, if you go back and play some of the others, you'll find them a lot more focused on exploration and NPC interaction than DQXI is. Except maybe VI and VII which also focus on linear story.

Dragon Quest VIII and XI are about as opposite in design as you can get. Well, aside from some shared things like skill points and character types.

Attached: 4df667727afa00e40f463b065befb2ed.jpg (814x766, 322.62K)

Dragon Quest has been consistently better than Final Fantasy, that much is true.
For how many DQ can you say "wow, that sucked"? IX
For how many FF can you say the same? almost half
There lies the truth.

>Dragon Quest is better than Final Fantasy
Correct

These are my two favorite series and I constantly flip flop on which I like more

Attached: 1650863260269.jpg (600x498, 24.7K)

How can you argue with that I thought it was pretty much general knowledge at this point

I mean ten years ago you might have been able to still fool the roundeye into thinking FF is superior but even gaijin know it is shit by now

There's still many millions of FF fans who have never tried a DQ game and compared them. Give it time, they'll show up in this thread eventually.

Its like tequila, the Mexicans keep the good Agave shit and ship the crap Mescal north of the border

As a franchise? Sure, consistent mediocrity wins against a dumpster fire.
A few FFs are actually good though.

But FF5 is better than FF6. And it's funny that FF5 feels more like a Dragon Quest or Chrono game in tone and characters than a Final Fantasy game. That's probably why it's so good.