What went right?

What went right?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 8.6K)

Nothing.

The music is the only redeeming feature it has, I'm expecting something good with the continuation of that last theme in the future.

The chapter format
Schizo theories on what's gonna happen next run these threads

Tranny game

why is spamton the greatest?

Anime site

Attached: 1659671589370074.png (452x703, 245.54K)

No homo.

Attached: ralsei smoking blunt(female).jpg (800x940, 102.65K)

The music is overrated and formulaic to the point it just artificially tugs at the heartstrings without trying anything creative

The music is underrated.

specifically the music is great, the gameplay mechanics and the graphics are a step up from undertale.
So far I'm not sold on the writing, it doesn't really have the same impact as undertale this far at least. But in later chapters I might change my mind.
That being said, the first chapter of undertale is way better than deltarune so far.

When is he going to make an appearance?

Attached: Papyrus running off.webm (1920x1080, 1.06M)

You don’t actually think that, do you?
Is it not all chiptune-esc doots and dats that redditors and middleschool anti-socials hail as the pinnacle of gaming music? Sell me on it.

Nothing in Deltarune is as funny as the Sans and Papyrus Snowdin section of Undertale, and I doubt anything will be

Attached: Papyrus friend zone.webm (640x368, 287.39K)

Chapter 7

papyrus is the knight

90% of deltarune so far feels like a bunch of filler episodes on a tv show, a thing undertale didn't really have; my casual playthrough of chapter 1 and 2 took longer than the whole of undertale for instance

God I hope they make him a neckbeard.

There's only like four chiptunes in the whole game. The Legend, Lancer's theme, and their remixes.

Attached: 13222eee6c2eba4ea5fff2f7a2ec2c90_a32b5307_500.jpg (500x307, 43K)

Papyrus is Gaster after he lost his memory of what happened in deltarune

Attached: 20220805_221938.jpg (4032x3024, 3.16M)

>built enough game dev experience to begin tackling his dream game
>collaborated with others
>episodic releases instead of building one huge game that may or may not ever finish due to expanding complexity and feature creep.
It also gets people talking and brings in attention every time one is released.

This but unironically

yes, it feels like there's just been a lot of throwaway characters, especially in chapter 1. It makes sense to establish kris, susie, ralsei as characters, but it spends a long time on characters like lancer who doesn't seem like he'll be very important going forward.
At the current pace, the cast is going to be way more bloated compared to undertale.
also I miss flowey, having him be the first introduction to the game gave it a much different atmosphere, it was always tense when he came up, knowing he was around somewhere. There's no killing toriel and going back moment, something else that worked really well.

Toriel isn't real she's actually Asriel from Undertale standing on Ralsei's under the robe in darkness shoulders.
Kris is in on the prank

Given how so many antagonists in the series are written to really just be misunderstood and fundamentally "good", I think Spamton stands out as fairly unique for being pretty realistically evil in spite of being sympathetic. His life came crashing down and he was (possibly?) confronted with some deep knowledge about his nature, and he decides to either facilitate or commit mass murder (he knew the body was "workout ready") in response, probably out of desperation.

Also he's funny and probably hints at the underlying plot.