Any upcoming city builders I should care about?

Any upcoming city builders I should care about?

Attached: anno1404a.jpg (1280x800, 320.44K)

No.

The genre is dead

Not really. Cities Skylines is doing great and still top of the game.

Manor lords

Farthest frontier.

Cities Skylines is a traffic manager not a city builder

Nigga, every single management game is a traffic manager. You're always designing entire cities and towns and villages so that people can move from one building or resource to another in the most efficient manner.

No they're really not, in banished you do not manage traffic

>Cities Skylines is doing great
God I hate Cities Skylines release model
>release new shit in expensive DLC
>no integration with other DLC
>still trickling out shit that should have been released years ago

Frostpunk 2
Ixion
Wandering Village
Dynasty of the Sands
Builders of Greece
Aztecs the Last Sun
El Dorado
LakeSide
City of Atlantis
Aquatico
Laysara Summit Kingdom

Honorable mention for Terra Nil, the reverse city builder.

When i see a game has over $100+ in dlc, I immediately lose interest.

I played it and had traffic issues where people weren't able to get to their locations in a timely manner and do the necessary tasks.

I've been trying to get back into workers and resources: soviet republic (its in early access) and it makes me feel like an absolute brainlet. if you want to be challenged, its worth checking out

Its shit

Terra Nil totally counts. I haven't had that much fun in ages.

Then you played the wrong game

>I haven't had that much fun in ages.
I've sunk 16 hours in the demo. Last time I spent so much time on a demo was when I was a young teen :)

I could do with a recommendation for something that shakes off autism. I guess that fundamentally means casual and lacking depth, but I keep struggling with burning myself out by researching systems and preplanning an ideal city.

I certainly did.

Ensuring that workers live near their jobs is a critical part of the game as soon as you put any time into it. You fucking idiot.

It doesn't have shit on Skylines' lane-ignoring queue-forming nonsense, but it absolutely has a form of traffic management.

Foundation and Distant Kingdoms are the ones I'm looking forward to

it's not always about resource and people transport, extractions and production/consume balancing is way more entertaining like anno games
cities skylines is an American cities builder, made around cars with bullshit zoning , I don't want to look at a city like that, live at it or build it

This user already mentioned it, but the only thing im really keeping my eye on is IXION, it has decent premise and good looking core gameplay.
I'm just waiting until it comes out so it has more features.

No, go back to Anno 1800, still years ahead of anything out or announced

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.jpg (2048x1152, 1014.8K)

>made around cars with bullshit zoning
Literally my biggest complaint about the game, similar for most city builders. They're usually built on large grids and don't allow for minute detail or solutions. I want city builders to allow me to create stuff like Venice instead of boring interchanges.

Attached: IMG_20190503_120740.jpg (662x331, 68.85K)

When was cities skylines released nigger

>it has decent premise and good looking core gameplay
Why not excited for Frostpunk 2 then? Ixion gives off major Frostpunk vibes. Same type of story-based gameplay and survival.

I really liked first frostpunk but to be honest i wasnt really keeping tabs on the sequel. I just heard somewhere that they are going in a different direction with it.
I'll probably check it once it comes out but im not that interested in it compared to ixiom.